That time a rookie called out Jordan...

pwrshft99

Established Member
So many great MJ stories...

Early in his career, he was abusing a smaller defender in Utah, all game long. Finally, MJ got his poster dunk. Some one in the crowd yelled at MJ during the time out 'pick on someone your own size!'

Bulls first possession afterwards and MJ drives to rim...dunks over 7'4 Mark Eaton.
Jordan sought out the fan during the next stoppage of play. He asked the guy 'that one big enough for ya?'

coposrv

Established Member
He’s one of the most competitive people on the planet.

One of my best friends works a really exclusive course in Florida that’s home to a bunch of tour members. Ricky Fowler came in one morning and showed my buddy a massive roll of cash. He said he won it off MJ the day before and MJ wanted it back. They played. Rick came back in that afternoon and my buddy asked him how things went, he shook his head and said not well, for me.

Michael Jordan is on another level.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
He could gamble 10k/hole, lose every single one, and still have made money during those 3-4hrs. That's how much money he makes from nike

(This is an old story and I'm sure I got the $/hole wrong, but it is certainly a story nevertheless)

There's another story I love about him shutting down a camp to school a trash talking up OJ Mayo.

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

pwrshft99

Established Member
Another MJ story popped into my head the other day. During breaks at Bulls games, they do an animated donut race sponsored by Dunkin Donuts. If your ticket wins, you get a free donut or whatever.

Jordan used to bet Scottie Pippen $100 every time the race happened in Chicago. Pippen took the bet, and lost.. every time...for YEARS. MJ later admitted to talking to the guys that ran the score board HOURS in advance. He knew who would win before the rest of the team showed up on game day.

It is had to believe Pippen could be that gullible for such a long time period. However, 'no tippin Pippen' nearly lost all his money to a financial advisor.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Kobe was close, he had the moves and a killer instinct to go with it but it was sheer determination to outwill the opponent that set Jordan apart. You couldn’t shake him. Lebron on the other hand has nothing but size on his side. He’s never had the killer instinct, much less the ball handling skills that either Jordan or Kobe had. Jordan would have put him to shame in his prime.

coposrv

Established Member
Kobe was close, he had the moves and a killer instinct to go with it but it was sheer determination to outwill the opponent that set Jordan apart. You couldn’t shake him. Lebron on the other hand has nothing but size on his side. He’s never had the killer instinct, much less the ball handling skills that either Jordan or Kobe had. Jordan would have put him to shame in his prime.

Killer instinct. Exactly. Lebron is a fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man that was a good video to watch. MJ is the greatest player of all time.
Yep! I like Lebron James and he's one hell of a basketball player. Best in the world today. But, as far as the GOAT.....that's gotta be MJ! No doubt about it!

PIPO

Established Member
I never understood the people that compare the two of them. MJ is on another level. Even Kobe was superior than Lebron.

Users who are viewing this thread