That's BRISK, Baby!

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
All I can say they smoothed out my top end and I love them..I had a little miss fire with the tr 6's. I have not dynoed them but I ran 10.32 @132 with them..........

The best part is no gap and no spark blow out. That in it self is worth it..

mavado007

Established Member
Why would you say they aren't worth the change from an equally pricey Iridium? Even if they only offered the same as Denso, which they don't. They are worth it. However, in the plus column is:
No gap, no indexing, no broken strap or insulator to be worried about floating around after a couple of hard passes. I have seen Denso breakup after first pass.
Smoother idle quality. Not to mention those of us here and on ModFords commenting on better throttle response, hp gains ( even if it's 2-3-5-10hp), better 1/4 mile times, improved mph. At the same performance price we would pay for the Densos why not install the Brisks for the above advantages.
I picked up a set from Mark@LFP but haven't installed mine yet. I hope to be part of several that will be dynoing here in Houston shortly. He had some of his originals there in the blue box ( some 15GLS ) and the new stock in the red box. Brisk just changed the packaging. Same plug.

Last edited:

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
The Brisk plugs are for real they made a difference with my car at the track and that is where it counts!

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
There are now several reports of guys getting hp gains from the plugs [backed up by dyno tests]. More hp, more complete burning of the mix [lower emissions for those who care], no gaps to set, smoother idle and top end, etc.. Buy what you like, but my next set of plugs will be Brisk.:thumbsup:

dtd01svt

Established Member
just ordered mine :D

Wish me luck. I let you guys know of any difference " I feel "

Maybe even a dyno run or 2........ we'll see.

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
Putting mine in tonight. It should be interesting with the Brisk and the Boost a Spark I just installed. I should be able to kiss my spark blowout BS good bye :burnout:

DNeinstadt

Established Member
I'm getting mine tomorrow, will dyno next week probably.
1st pull with STOCK plugs, 2nd and 3rd with BRISK's and no other changes.

Will post results when I can.

Dan

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by DNeinstadt
I'm getting mine tomorrow, will dyno next week probably.
1st pull with STOCK plugs, 2nd and 3rd with BRISK's and no other changes.

Will post results when I can.

Dan
Dan, if you do the above it probably isn't going to be a valid test. The second pull is usually the highest so your comparison numbers are going to be skewed. What I would suggest is let the car cool for 15 minutes when you arrive at the dyno. Then do 2 pulls with the stock plugs and document any cool down time and idling time between pulls one and two. Let the car cool down for that same 15 and install the Brisk plugs during that time. Then exactly duplicate your first set of pulls as far as warm up, idling and cool down. This should yield you the best set of comparison numbers. Again, it is usual for the first pull to be lower than the subsequent pulls. Mainly due to the motor warming cycle. Just trying to help you get the best data from your dyno pulls. And thanks for doing this for everyone. Should be an interesting test.
:)

DNeinstadt

Established Member
I will do as Bob asks. (have printed out).

I'm not sure I can squeeze in 4 runs but I will try. :)

I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone either, I just figured it was cheap insurance over the stock plugs and a couple of bux more than Denso's.

Dan

NEVRL8

Established Member
Question for those who have ordered these plugs. If a colder than stock plug is recommended for smaller pullied cars, what Brisk plug do we order?

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by NEVRL8
Question for those who have ordered these plugs. If a colder than stock plug is recommended for smaller pullied cars, what Brisk plug do we order?

Exactly what I was going to ask :??:

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
The regular Cobra/Lightning ones that have 17 in the model # are fine for pullied Cobras.

Last edited:

Richo

"Ford Parts Whore"
Established Member
Strictly and LFP do not recommend the 15's unless you are running extreme amounts of boost, NOS, or turbo. Give Mark at LFP a call and he will give you a rundown. 866-310-0750 Good luck.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Ok, so I buy the +5-10HP/3-5TQ gains, the smoother idling, the nicer topend, etc.

What I want to know is...

How do they perform in cold weather compared to the Densos and the NGK TR6s?? Anyone live in a cold climate year round?? Alaska, for example??

If I hear that these plugs do well in cold weather too, then I'm sold.

Anybody??:??:

Users who are viewing this thread