The $450 Decision

Back N Black

Killin' It
Established Member
Alright folks, you have a 2011 5.0 that is AED tuned with an ORX, over the axle pipes and GT500 axle back.

You have $450 of Christmas cash burning a hole in your pocket.

What would you buy for your Mustang?:shrug:

03lowram

Established Member
I'm confused by your post?? Are you asking people what they would do with $450 bucks?

yeager

Established Member
depends if you wanna go fast or look good but i would either lower it with springs, adjustable panhard, and relocate lower brackets, or put a small dry shot on it and smoke some fools. which would be my personal recomendation... or tires if you don't have any good ones

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
What are you looking for? Is it manual or auto?

$450 will buy a Boss 302 intake. It will also buy a good shifter/bracket, JHR clutch line and some rear suspension components.

You need to tell us what your goals are.

Mike

Back N Black

Killin' It
Established Member
What are you looking for? Is it manual or auto?

$450 will buy a Boss 302 intake. It will also buy a good shifter/bracket, JHR clutch line and some rear suspension components.

You need to tell us what your goals are.

Mike

It is a manual. Sad part is I don't really have a goal for the car besides fast and fun. I have thought about just stashing the cash until my birthday in February and then hopefully I will have enough to buy wheels and a couple tires.

I'd love to do suspension too. As well as a BOSS intake even though I only have 3.55s.

I wish I had the dough to do it all at once, so deciding on which to do first is tough.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
It is a manual. Sad part is I don't really have a goal for the car besides fast and fun. I have thought about just stashing the cash until my birthday in February and then hopefully I will have enough to buy wheels and a couple tires.

I'd love to do suspension too. As well as a BOSS intake even though I only have 3.55s.

I wish I had the dough to do it all at once, so deciding on which to do first is tough.

Boss intake will be fine with 3.55s. I have one and I have 3.31s.

A good shifter, JHR clutch line and some LCAs will make the car much more enjoyable to drive. I eliminated missed shifts, sticky clutch issues and wheel hop with these mods. I consider them basic and "must do" mods.

The Boss is a more advanced level mod, as is a drive shaft.

Mike

yeager

Established Member
if its a stick i would probably look at the mgw shifter and brackets. you will love how it feels and it will keep you from tearing up the tranny

Back N Black

Killin' It
Established Member
So I've narrowed it down to either springs and panhard bar and LCA Mounts or Shifter and clutch line or save for wheels in February.

Such a tough decision.

FiveSpeed

Established Member
OP: I recommend some suspension/control arms! Made my car a lot more responsive and cured the sway I got going around corners. Also no more float feeling at 140+ ;)

I have basically the same mods as OP with an MGW shifter. The MGW got rid of all the slop and made the shifts more firm and it doesn't feel like I'll break the shifter off in my hand anymore however it's still not exactly butter rowing through the gears and still feels like it's somewhat getting caught up even after replacing the trans fluid with BG Synchroshift II. I haven't put in an aftermarket clutch line. Is it worth it!?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread