The 60,000 Mile Report.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is a good thread. Only one review of course, but we're beginning to get some long-term info that might help others down the road.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
So what did you do about the rear end clunk? I have been treating my like it is part of the car, but it does get really annoying sometimes.

03reptile

Established Member
I've now got 49K on my 03 Cobra. I used it for my daily driver over the past 2 years and it's made about eight trips to Fla and back during that time. I've had no issues either and it has run well since I took delivery. My wife and I ordered a 2006 Chrysler 300C and took delivery last week. A nice ride with good power and handling. I'm now using her 96 SHO with 126K on the clock for my commute driving and the Cobra gets a bit of a rest. I plan on ordering a GT500 next year so am trying to keep the mileage down. Hope it will bring a good price, as its stock, save the K&N filtercharge and FR500 exhaust. It's been a very reliable car and never hick-upped once.

03-LS1

YES...............an 03 cobra owner that drives their car. I also have 60,000 on the clock and have been pullied for well over 30,000 miles. The only problem that I have had was the input shaft going out at 5,000 miles(figure that one out.) This car has been through everything with me and I do flog her hard EVERY DAMN DAY.

etfhb

Established Member
Juice33 said:
So what did you do about the rear end clunk? I have been treating my like it is part of the car, but it does get really annoying sometimes.

same here :shrug:

03cbra

Mega Lurker
Established Member
"So, any info on what you did with the clunk problem?" Unfortunately live with it. Almost 15,000 here. :thumbsup:

Haus03GT

Established Member
Congrats man... Nice to see poeple enjoying these cars. I thought about buying a daily driver but coming out in the morning there is no way I am getting in some POS with the cobra sitting there..

pablo escobar

Established Member
I bought my 04 cobra in July 2004. (New from dealer.)

Just crossed over 30,000 miles.

Whipple charged at 12,000.

Had the clunk problem before the Whipple and after. (I just live with it.)

Also ac vents rattled before and after. (Live with that too.)

No problems other than that. Hope my luck continues.

:pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana:

adamb258

Established Member
there are prolyl 1 MILLION threads about "the tick" on here. Just do some searchign and you can pick teh answer taht you like best.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Congrats man, thanks for posting. How's your tune with the autologic chip as far as A/F? With a safe tune and regular maintainance I hope we can all make posts like this at 60,000 miles.

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
BoneCrusher said:
Congrats man, thanks for posting. How's your tune with the autologic chip as far as A/F? With a safe tune and regular maintainance I hope we can all make posts like this at 60,000 miles.

Dead straight from 2400 to readline, about 11.4-11.5 if I remember. But it's rich enough and the timing low enough (on the stock tune) that I have to use stock-heat-range plugs to keep it happy. I can foul a set of IT22 Denso's in about 3 minutes flat (anyone wanna trade a good case of beer for some very slightly used IT22's?). The race tune side of the chip is a different story- ~65% race gas mix, hit the switch and it's like a completely different car :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

say there do you have any cooling mods?

This is a good example of why I like a really well experienced tuner. I was one of the first 03 Cobras Danny touched and the very first thing he did (besides the a/f) was set the fan to come on 15 or 20 so degrees earlier (don't quote me, I forgot the exact number)- he said "these mod motors...they have a cooling problem", didn't explain, just kept tuning.. And that was waaaay before the tick or cooling issues on the 03/04's hit this or any other forum. The recently added HE could be considered a cooling mod tho..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread