The Cobra Leaks, Guess Why.......

04LSKILLER

Established Member
Cause Ford sucks!!! Jk! Seriously though, I was out driving the cobra and stopped at the Olive Garden to eat dinner with my girl. While we are eating it starts to pour rain. :cryying: So Im thinking to myself, oh well its not the first time its seen rain. Get back in the car, go to put my seatbelt on and the WHOLE seatbelt is soaked!!! I look back and the arm rest for the back seat has rain on it. I figured it was from when I opened the door. So I dry it off. 5 minutes later the rain is back inside the car, now Im like WTF!! :fm: I finally look back again and see water dripping from the top of the rear side window, now Im pissed!! :eek: Couple days later I get a chance to take the panels off and discover this.......
HighOutput460.gif

THE WINDOW IS MISSING THE TWO TOP NUTS!!! I can tell by the studs they where never even on there to begin with!

So I compare the other side..........
HighOutput461.gif

What do you know, all four nuts are there!

I thought this was funny once I figured it out. Just wanted to let yall know just in case this happens to anyone else.

Now a question for yall! The red circles didnt have clips on them but the yellow circles did. Are all of them suppose to have clips??
HighOutput462.gif

AaronK

Established Member
Awesome! ...no that really sucks man. I'd be a little upset to say the least

homer302

Banned
No chance someone replaced the window at some point and dropped the nuts inside the quarter?

Just a thought. Seems odd it would go 4 years without a drop and then all of sudden leak like a burlap sack.

Glad you fixed it yourself instead of going to the dealer and takin' it in the rear.

04LSKILLER

Established Member
No chance someone replaced the window at some point and dropped the nuts inside the quarter?

Just a thought. Seems odd it would go 4 years without a drop and then all of sudden leak like a burlap sack.

Glad you fixed it yourself instead of going to the dealer and takin' it in the rear.

Its the first time since Ive owned it that its been in a HEAVY down pour, I guess thats why......

homer302

Banned
I just noticed that there is also a plastic plug missing out of the lower interior piece on that same side but not the other. I think someone has been in there before to repair the quarter panel or work on something.
Who knows?

04LSKILLER

Established Member
I just noticed that there is also a plastic plug missing out of the lower interior piece on that same side but not the other. I think someone has been in there before to repair the quarter panel or work on something.
Who knows?

I didnt even notice that, haha! The carfax was clean, but who knows.... Its back together and hope it doesn't leak anymore....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a shame. You always hate to see quality control issues like this pop up. Now you have to wonder how many Terminators in total have this glaring defect. :shrug:

Glad you found the problem and got the leak fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread