The cobra's replacement...

musclefan21

Established Member
specs please.. how fast? how is the handling. power numbers. year. PRICE?

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
well done.. I love it! what are those bad boys going for right now??

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
wow...i wouldn't be caught dead in that thing!
Well its a good thing I'm not dead then!

Niiiiiiiice
what are the stats? rwhp? rwtq? weight?
i bet its a beast to drive, handling must be a whole other animal compared to an 03 cobra

factory was 400bhp, 400tq, 3200lbs

This has muffler deletes and turbo S ecu, so it makes about 430bhp/430tq.

Its not nearly as fast as my cobra, but its not slow either.

I would've kept the Cobra, but that's me. I can't stand that body style Porsche.

993s are commonly considered the best looking iteration of the air cooled 911, but everybody has their preference.

I had my cobra for 9 years, it was time.

I love that body style! Those wheels look good but it would look amazing with some 18"s or 19"s with a huge lip!

Thanks. I like the stockish look, and these are 18s. 19s don't fit that well.

Nice, but I would've kept the Cobra as well.

see above

Isn't that the Porsche from Bad Boys with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence? :rockon:

I love it!

Thanks, but not quite. The bad boys car was the previous model known as the 964 (965 is the turbo version). They are nice cars as well.

That interior looks like something out of a 80's RX7! I would have waited and picked up a 2011 GT.

No, its something out of a 60s 911. The interior layout was identical to the early cars, and although its an ergonomic disaster, its perfect for its intended purpose...to drive. I have no interest in a 2011 GT.

What year and how many miles on it?

Its a 1996 with 73,000 miles on it.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Yes because everyone wants a Mustang... :bored:
indeed
993's are nice but I don't know about having an air cooled turbocharged engine. Plus it gets old changing oil every 2000 miles and having to pay for ten quarts. I know the purists think its the last real porsche but I think I would take a 996.
You may have gotten some bad info. Yes, the compression is low, and it can't make 600awhp without extensive mods, but you can get a pretty easy 500bhp out of it with no reliability issues.

Oil changes are once every 5000 miles, and I buy two 5 quart jugs of M1 at walmart for a total of $45. Not a big deal at all.

one of the most beautiful cars ever made :beer:

Thanks, I tend to agree.

Welcome to the club.

Just noticed you're from NJ. We do a Times Square Rally every year in the middle of the night from DC. I hope to make my first one this year. 6 speedonline dot com mid-atlantic section. come on over.

I'll definitely check it out. I've done a few rennlist drives, which are great.

well done.. I love it! what are those bad boys going for right now??

Depends. You can get a very banged up high miler for about $45k, all the way to $95k for a basically new 1997 model. Average prices are about $60k. I got lucky and got a great deal from a friend of a friend.

black wheels would look sick

yeah, no way am I gonna do black wheels. Never cared for that look at all.

Last edited:

Georgie

Established Member
amaz\ing bro, u will not regret... Germany produces the best cars,tool, basically anything and everything on the planet... :beer:

Turbobrick

Outside Agitator
Established Member
Hell yeah. I'm happy to see a 993TT instead of those **** ugly 996's , plus its a real Porsche and not a VW ****up!

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
How's the build quality? My guess is that the Porsche is more of a weekend car? :thumbsup: such a timeless icon.

Users who are viewing this thread