The cops in arizona are doing well!

Jefe

Established Member
Border Patrol has quite a few of them. Probably money well spent. They put hundreds of thousands of dollars through the pickups they have now that are constantly breaking down

ford-svt-raptor-border-patrol-630.jpg

SOCOMech

Established Member
The BP's Raptor's and some of the local law enforcement department's Raptor's were paid for by a grant through Homeland Security. From what I understand, each dept. is allowed a certain amount from DHS. Border Patrol is notorious for putting their vehicles through the ringer.....hence getting a vehicle that was designed for the environment they work in. Normal Tahoe's and F-150's don't stand a chance over time. Most of them will probably go to supervisors though.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
To all of those saying it's a ridiculous waste of money.... I'm sure if you were a cop, and your patrol supervisor threw you a set of Raptor keys, and told you the truck was your new patrol unit... I'm SURE you would refuse to take it on the grounds it was a waste, and hand the keys back.

Or... maybe NOT! LOL

I agree the BP needs those trucks too. I've heard from some friends who worked for the BP, and they said their regular trucks were always breaking. And, their trucks are heavily modded to withstand the abusive terrain. Starting off with a Raptor seems like a great idea.

Digital

Established Member
Just imagine the amount of mexicans you can run down with that thing. Put a plow on the front. Don't even have to send em back.

Jefe

Established Member
I agree the BP needs those trucks too. I've heard from some friends who worked for the BP, and they said their regular trucks were always breaking. And, their trucks are heavily modded to withstand the abusive terrain. Starting off with a Raptor seems like a great idea.

I see BP vehicles at auto shops almost every day. Ford usually has 5-10 waiting on work to get done.

Users who are viewing this thread