The end of the netscape browser?

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I custom installed Netscape and took all the AOL stuff out. I wish they hadn't bought Netscape. The old versions were quick and streamlined compared to IE. Unfortunately now a lot of companies don't program for the Netscape browser so I have to use IE at times.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
You can do anything you can in IE with mozilla, and then some. Such as tabbed browsing. Once you use it, you won't wanna stop.

Can't do Windows Updates with it.

nj7703

Established Member
I like Mozilla too, the BEST pop up stopper i have ever seen as well. It remember pages where you want pop ups, and blocks the rest. It is free, small and is very cool. Opera for sure is in there too. You do need IE for windows updates and SOME flash sites like SVT.FORD.com. Mozilla works for most sites, but some still need IE.

Last edited:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Scoriox
That's your opinion. I only really posted to refute your statement; which I did.
screw windows up date in the proverbial ass I did it last night and my machine has never run worse.......... :cuss: :gt:

Ken01-Cobra

Established Member
As one who's had to code for two different implementations of browsers for a decade, it can't die fast enough for me!

Of course, I am SURE some of our Linux friends will see to it that another browser that works differently is implemented just so we can continue to have to write browser specific code to make web pages look decent! ;-)

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Netscape was great in it's day. If Microsoft hadn't engaged in illegal and predatory practices to kill it, Netscape would have developed and stayed #1. Remember all the bugs, problems, and incompatibilities with IE over the years? It's only #1 now because it killed the competition.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
screw windows up date in the proverbial ass I did it last night and my machine has never run worse.......... :cuss: :gt:

Sorry? Mine is running fine after doing them... PEBKAC to you.

Users who are viewing this thread