The end of the netscape browser?

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by harry gilbert
Netscape was great in it's day. If Microsoft hadn't engaged in illegal and predatory practices to kill it, Netscape would have developed and stayed #1. Remember all the bugs, problems, and incompatibilities with IE over the years? It's only #1 now because it killed the competition.

That is not 100% true. Netscape got so big and fat after a while it would take twice the time to load the same page. Trust me i did benchmarks on web pages on version 4 of both IE and Netscape, and Netscape was a DOG. Try it on a page with java, or flash, may as well go work out by the time Netscape loaded it. I will say Netscape 2 was great, small, easy to use.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by nj7703
That is not 100% true. Netscape got so big and fat after a while it would take twice the time to load the same page. Trust me i did benchmarks on web pages on version 4 of both IE and Netscape, and Netscape was a DOG. Try it on a page with java, or flash, may as well go work out by the time Netscape loaded it. I will say Netscape 2 was great, small, easy to use.

IEs implementation of "java" is horrid at best.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
IEs implementation of "java" is horrid at best.

It is, but the plugin from SUN is worse for netscape.

Ken01-Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
Yep...and for some reason, people seem to forget all of the bugs, problems and incompatabilities with Netscape too. Oh yeah, they weren't Mickeysoft, so it couldn't be their problem! It was bad old Mickeysoft trying to take over the world again. *sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread