The Fourth Kind

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I just saw this movie last night. I must say, it is one of the creepiest movies I have seen in a while. Unlike Paranormal Activity the video footage they show is real. In the end the film answers lots of questions but raises more. Over all great film IMO and lots of compelling evidence of the existence of another intelligent life form other than our own in the universe.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

You can really only take the "real footage" claim with a grain of salt. Paranoraml Activity was an obvious fake as it was stated in the film. This movie makes the claim that its real, although there is still skepticizm from many.

It wont be as successfull as Paranormal Activity because of their brilliant marketing. The Fourth Kind was more of a documentary with over dramatization. Some parts are some what cheeze which is why it makes you question how real it is. But I will say this, I had no trouble falling asleep after watching Paranormal Activity. Matter of fact I didnt find that movie very scary at all to be honest. But this movie kept me tossing and turning all night.

Last edited:

tdupree

Established Member
I kind of want to check out this movie. Is it filmed with a hand held camera the way Paranormal Activity was? I don't want to be disappointed like I was with that film.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I kind of want to check out this movie. Is it filmed with a hand held camera the way Paranormal Activity was? I don't want to be disappointed like I was with that film.

No its not. They use actors to fill in the gaps between the "real" footage so that you can understand the story. In the movie they do side by side clips of real footage and reenactment. They also use supposed real audio recordings and phone recordings.

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
This movie blows paranormal activity away in every aspect except it's marketing. The fourth kind kept my interest the entire time and I enjoyed the way the "real" scenes were showed side by side with the filmed scenes. There were professional actors in the fourth kind. In paranormal there is a clear disclaimer at the end stating the entire thing is fake. . I never saw this in fourth kind. Buy reguardless, even if everything is made up, it still freaked me the f out!!

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
saw this tonight, i enjoyed it about the same as i did Paranormal Activity. me and my 2 friends were arguing about it after because i'm very sceptical about some of the stuff in this movie and they both were convinced that everything was real and nothing was hollywood-ized. i watched a UFO shoot across the sky in my nieghborhood so im a believer in all that stuff but some parts of this movie were hard to swallow

bam

Established Member
Saw this about a month ago. Creepy as shit in parts. Didn't like it as a whole, though. It got too out-there toward the end.

And, all the footage is fake.

bitemark

Established Member
nah shes not an alien. and just my .02 but the movie was probably one of the $hittiest ones I have seen in a very long time. the movie claims that it is based off of true facts, and sure the video may be real, but it could have been faked video. The video was from 2000, which is quite recent in terms of "original footage". I thought it was corny, lacking any suspense, and quite a load of bs.

but again, just my .02!!!!! some people did enjoy it obviously.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
I saw this movie last night and it to put it in a simple statement; Paranormal Activitie sucked on The Fourth Kind's ballz!

Movie was good and kept me interested the whole time. I liked how they showed the real footage with the filmed scenes, makes it much more realistic. Haven't left the theater in a very long time feeling a little uneasy about what is out there and what could happen.
My girl was a little creeped out about it halfway through the movie and looked at me and said "Why did we come see this:("

cobra_matt

Established Member
It's pretty weird that those aliens or whatever they were, were speaking a language once spoken on Earth. That's the main reason I question the supposed actual footage claim. Unless they were here before, abducted people thousands of years ago, and learned the Sumerian language??

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
It's pretty weird that those aliens or whatever they were, were speaking a language once spoken on Earth. That's the main reason I question the supposed actual footage claim. Unless they were here before, abducted people thousands of years ago, and learned the Sumerian language??

Ever think that the Sumerian language could have been learned from those beings?

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
i did some research and pretty much every source says the movie is total BS. the main character never even existed and the disappearances in Nome, AK are alcoholism and cold weather related. too bad, the movie would have been cooler if it was actually legitimate.

Users who are viewing this thread