The German S550...BMW M8 Competition...

ArabianOak

Established Member
Hi Gang,

Thought I would share a few pics and videos of my recent ride...2022 BMW M8 Comp Coupe. As some of you recall I had the M850 Gran Coupe in 2021. Great car, 523hp, awd, great tech. Drove it to Omaha on one tank, ran mid 11s. I had my eye on an M8 back then as well but they were still near msrp and the comp version held value until a few months ago.

Sold the Aston and Porsche the last few months and decided to go for an M8 Comp Coupe this time. Lots of them on the market and they are priced all over the place. Most of them have 150-160k window stickers but the only option I really wanted was the bowers and wilkins stereo option...speakers literally light up at night and make the cabin experience really awesome. The sound system itself is one of the best.

Anyways, here are some pics and videos.

2022 BMW M8 Comp Coupe, Marina Bay Blue Metallic, 617hp, stock 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, 10.7@130mph.

Only plan i have is to racechip or jb4 it...that gets the car into the low 10's and mid 130 trap speed. Insane for a car this dam heavy and not electric. haha.

322208821_480100264076082_6434415971772009641_n.jpg

321997060_681267690370181_8703689941936317902_n.jpg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Beautiful car. There's a used 2022 at a local Lexus dealership. Wow, that is one sexy car all blacked out.
Enjoy man.

****I still want a 2023 M3 Competition with xDrive. lol

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I've driven one of these along with a F90 M5, rocket ships for sure. I'd love to pick up a F90 M5 in a few years when they inevitably become 25,000 dollar cars, I'm just not so sure on how these'll hold up in the long term.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
the only car I was thinking about with the M8 was the AMG GT63...the problem with those is MANY of them were buybacks because of some chip issue during covid.
I actually find the GT ugly. The rear end is just not right. The CLS looks better. Anyhow I love the M cars. If I could afford any sedan it would be M5. Beautiful car and once again you win the game of life mate. Nothing like enjoying the fruits of your labor.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I actually find the GT ugly. The rear end is just not right. The CLS looks better. Anyhow I love the M cars. If I could afford any sedan it would be M5. Beautiful car and once again you win the game of life mate. Nothing like enjoying the fruits of your labor.
i agree, the gt is a little off on looks, but the car is HUGE and depending on who is driving it runs 10s stock.

i love the m5 as well and it is essentially my car with a much lower price tag but they don't make the m5 in two door version. bmw has done a really nice job with their current infotainment the last 2-3 years...benz has a little catching up to do on that but they are very close otherwise.

really love the heated center console and arm rest on the doors of the bmw...such a game changer in cold climates...lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! I saw your M8 in your other thread. Gorgeous car. I don't know if I could let that one go if I owned it. At least not for a couple of years. Exterior -- Awesome. Interior -- Awesome. Performance -- Awesome. Features -- Awesome.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I knew the AM wouldnt last long!! 11+ sec 1/4 mile is slow af for anything above 100k, especially if it has an auto.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I knew the AM wouldnt last long!! 11+ sec 1/4 mile is slow af for anything above 100k, especially if it has an auto.
It was respectable to me but I was not happy with the AM service dept. I pull up in a 210k car and get better treatment servicing my sons fiesta ST.

They wanted 2500 to activate apple car play.

These are the little things holding AM down. I understand it’s a rare and prestigious brand but your also competing with companies like audi, bmw, mercedes etc. These other companies are making much faster cars at half the price with standard features like car play.

Again, I enjoyed the car and it got tons of attention anywhere I went but I expected a difference AM experience.

Users who are viewing this thread