The Last bullet you'll ever need.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
There is no magic bullet. Good ole tried and proven hollow point for me. My carry of choice is Federal Hydroshok.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
If a round doesn't feed 100% you are an absolute moron to use it for self defense...a well feeding full metal jacket walmart bulk special beats this round because it works. Unless they make these for a revolver its an absolute waste of money and your risking your own life using it for self defense.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I made some of my own flechette rounds for 12ga.

Emptied the lead pellets out of a 12ga round and filled it with 1 inch long pieces of welding rod that I had cut with diagonal cutters so both ends were sharp. I was able to fit around 60 of them in a 12ga shell.
I shot them at both a sheet of plywood and a room temperature turkey. The rods spread out to cover an 8 inch area at 20 feet and many of them exited the back of the half inch sheet. Almost all had turned side own at 20 feet.
When I shot the turkey it was at 10 feet, or about the average distance across a bedroom or living room. The bird was shredded. Really shredded. And most of the rods exited from the bird. It was a sixteen pound Thanksgiving freeby that I got from Ralph's. I used it as a target because "somebody" left it in her trunk so long I was afraid to cook it.

A great round for home defense. It don't go much farther than 50 feet and it didn't penetrate two layers of normal drywall.
Of course, it's illegal here in California so I did my testing in Pahrump, Nevada.

I had some old leg weights years ago that were filled with flat pieces 1/8" round stock(they looked like flattened out BB's). I loaded a few 12 guage shells with those and at about 20 feet they had about a 5' spread, lol. That's the "you got woke up in the middle of the night, grabbed the gun, pointed in the direction of the noise, and pulled the trigger" round. You dont need to aim, lol. They might not kill someone, but whoever gets shot with them will be in too much paint to care about anything else.

mavisky

Established Member
It may help bleed a guy out, but the majority of the internal damage done by a round isn't the "hole" it makes, it's the shockwave sent off through the internal organs as the round enters soft tissue. That's the big "pocket" you get when you see ballistic gel tests.

I'll stick with my Corbon Powerball.

Satyr

Established Member
FTF = bad. I require at least one box without any FTF's before I carry it. Plus, I second the notion of using tried and true rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread