The Last bullet you'll ever need.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
What a bunch of crap...marketing BS...go buy some tried and true defensive rounds that won't jam up the most boringly reliable gun ever made (Glock) if you actually care about defending yourself. Federal HST's and Hornady Critical Defense and Remington Golden Sabre are good choices.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
No, its not.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...searchs-rip-ammo-ballistic-testing-phase-one/

It looks menacing, but doesnt inflict damage as described.

After the last thread on this bullet and you posted that I looked into it a little more.
There are other vids with ballistics gel and other people that think differently.
Those fragments breaking off in the first few inches of flesh is gonna tear some shit up.
Here is just one.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...ating-One-Shot-Protection-For-Women-With-CCWs

With that said, I don't have them or want them but 1 mans test isn't enough to totally disprove when other are showing different.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
I stopped reading at "it’s guaranteed to kill anyone dumb enough to assault anyone who has this in the chamber"

guaranteed = BS

Jacket separation is the last thing you want. Imagine trying to get some penetration into denim.

I will stick with my old fashion brands of choice.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
I made some of my own flechette rounds for 12ga.

Emptied the lead pellets out of a 12ga round and filled it with 1 inch long pieces of welding rod that I had cut with diagonal cutters so both ends were sharp. I was able to fit around 60 of them in a 12ga shell.
I shot them at both a sheet of plywood and a room temperature turkey. The rods spread out to cover an 8 inch area at 20 feet and many of them exited the back of the half inch sheet. Almost all had turned side own at 20 feet.
When I shot the turkey it was at 10 feet, or about the average distance across a bedroom or living room. The bird was shredded. Really shredded. And most of the rods exited from the bird. It was a sixteen pound Thanksgiving freeby that I got from Ralph's. I used it as a target because "somebody" left it in her trunk so long I was afraid to cook it.

A great round for home defense. It don't go much farther than 50 feet and it didn't penetrate two layers of normal drywall.
Of course, it's illegal here in California so I did my testing in Pahrump, Nevada.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Nothing replaces trigger time... training, and practice. Exotic rounds are a waste of money.

Agree and disagree.
You are correct. In my short time really shooting for fun and practice I would agree and have gotten pretty good IMO

But at the range with no pressure and damn sure nobody returning fire is easy. Taking time to aim and time between each shot.

I can only hope that if someone is in my house I will react the same but I seriously doubt it.
I would think shot placement won't be near as good with adrenaline pumping, in the dark possibly and squeezing rounds at a much faster rate.

A hollow point or other expanding bullet can make the difference if you are off by a couple inches IMO

So I agree 100% with your saying but bad ass ammo can only help and not hurt.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Heard of FTF issues. I'll stick with Hornaday and Speer gold dot...

and X2 on trigger time and practice. If your carrying these and the other guy gets off 2 rounds first and they meet their mark, RIP... no pun intended :D

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
After the last thread on this bullet and you posted that I looked into it a little more.
There are other vids with ballistics gel and other people that think differently.
Those fragments breaking off in the first few inches of flesh is gonna tear some shit up.
Here is just one.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...ating-One-Shot-Protection-For-Women-With-CCWs

With that said, I don't have them or want them but 1 mans test isn't enough to totally disprove when other are showing different.

I can't comment on using them personally, but I have spoken to some on our local outdoor forums that bought some just to add to their penetration tests they periodically update, and all but one had very similar results to the article Thomas posted. I know one tester was a former Marine in FAST company as well as in Pentagon security and some other detachment within special forces over the 29 years he served. He used these in one of his training classes for shits and giggles on certified gelatin and they didn't penetrate to nearly what they claimed, think they made it somewhere in the 10" range, and he said the smaller shrapnel would most likely be superficial judging from the penetration they made. I trust his word over internet tests but it is what it is.

That said, most have reported failure to feed issues with them, and on a Glock that's a wtf moment. Time will tell but my guess is they'll be an over and done with fad in just a bit more time.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Agree and disagree.
You are correct. In my short time really shooting for fun and practice I would agree and have gotten pretty good IMO

But at the range with no pressure and damn sure nobody returning fire is easy. Taking time to aim and time between each shot.

I can only hope that if someone is in my house I will react the same but I seriously doubt it.
I would think shot placement won't be near as good with adrenaline pumping, in the dark possibly and squeezing rounds at a much faster rate.

A hollow point or other expanding bullet can make the difference if you are off by a couple inches IMO

So I agree 100% with your saying but bad ass ammo can only help and not hurt.

You missed the part I listed about training. Training is not just going to the range, and plinking. Training means getting professional firearms instruction, to become more proficient, and dealing with elevated stress levels. Training, and practice, are two totally different activities.

Special ammo isn't going to make anyone shoot better, and that is the main thing most people need to improve.

Users who are viewing this thread