The mod journey begins tomorrow!!

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I purchased an upper, lower, idler and Lund tune and I am going tomorrow to have it put on :) I'm a little nervous to mod it so soon (6k miles) but I know it will be worht it! Stock my car put down 477 on thier Mustang Dyno before, so I would think it will be around 540-550 after the swap.
I will be doing plugs as well, and the set up came with correct belt and bolt for the IW 10% lower.

Should be fun :) I imagine it will be a noticeable difference. :banana:

BigDan

Established Member
Congrats, make sure they do another base line before they remove your stock parts because your car could be +- 20whp since you dynoed it last to get a more accurate idea of what your gain are and how much may be left on the table. Especially since they are not doing a custom dyno tune.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I purchased an upper, lower, idler and Lund tune and I am going tomorrow to have it put on :) I'm a little nervous to mod it so soon (6k miles) but I know it will be worht it! Stock my car put down 477 on thier Mustang Dyno before, so I would think it will be around 540-550 after the swap.
I will be doing plugs as well, and the set up came with correct belt and bolt for the IW 10% lower.

cool, good luck, let us know the results :beer:

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
There should be time for a before pull. Tracy (RaceRat) shouldn't give me too much shit :)
It will probably be colder and less humid than my pull a couple weeks ago there, so that could inflate my gains some w/o a new baseline.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
the dyno should be able to make corrections for weather, etc

I think you'll have a big :-D on your face when all is done
have fun and enjoy....

rodfarva

Established Member

The Whipple 2.9 went on mine at 500 miles.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Well, I initially had some noise coming form the CATS that sounded a lot like pinging, even though the knock sensors did not detect anything. We backed it down just to be safe, and I picked up the Lethal off road X pipe and the AFCO dual fan. I finally got time to get back over to the shop and throw it back on their dyno. I ended up with 530whp/520wtq on their mustang dyno. It was making about 14.5psi per the map sensor on the dyno. It was in the upper 70s, low 80s at the time and a little muggy.
Comparatively, a pulley/tune 2011 GT500 puts down right at 500/500 on this dyno, so the numbers seem in line to me. AF was conservative around 11.2 and 11.4 IIRC and timing was just a hair over 22. The car runs very well, but spins the stock tires pretty heavily in second gear form a roll on. I want to get some rubber under it but I don't want to deplete the "blower fund".

Users who are viewing this thread