The Netflix thread

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I LOVE Archer... never miss it! Zombie Strippers also sounds very intriquing!!!

re.
I watched that movie fast forwarding through some parts and all I can say is Shamron Moore ftw!

Sent with My Massive Johnson

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Yes, freckles, lol. And Spartacus is the shit.

Spartacus is a must for any dude that likes a good plot/acting, nude chicks, and a ton of cool ass-kicking. It is a close second to my all time favorite show the Sopranos. Very fun show, can't wait till they make some more.:rockon:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I started Battlestar Galactica a few weeks ago. Very very good series as well. I'm just starting season 2.

Just wait, end of S2 and beginning of S3 are ****ing INSANE both in plotlines and special effects. If you're a sci-fi nerd that loves seeing awesome sci-fi effects, it will blow your mind what they do with the Galactica. Its crazy the special effects quality from a TV series, especially since its not really about special effects but when they do make a cutscene that needs it, they go all out.

If you can stand waiting for DVDs in the mail, I highly recommend The Big Bang Theory series. If you're a big geek / dork like me, it will have you rolling. Absolutely hilarious. I'm glad my wife took a chance on it and put it into our queue.

Love BBT. Sheldon ftw.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Oh and whoever recommended Restrepo, dayum. Such an awesome documentary on their 15mo deployment into really a valley of hell. I seriously teared up in one part and I have no problem saying that, its a really gut wrenching doc.

RaD28r

SVT FTW
Established Member
Good thread, was reading and was starting to multi quote but theres just tooo much to talk about.

Watched LOST on tv from day one so got that covered, awesome tv show!

Restrepo was just an amazing documentry.

Dexter is really good watched season 1&2 on instant but was too lazy to get the rest thru the DVD's, I love how its in miami. Bad news is that they are taking it away from netflix, including dvd's b/c showtime is kinda/sorta parting ways w/ netflix. Ive been waiting for the rest of the seasons to show up on instant but looks like its not gonna happen.

Watched Exit thru the Gift shop the other night, Loved it. But like always I over analyze things and read/look into things on the interwebz and come to find out terry (french guy) name is mr. Brainwash for a reason. (just a theory though)

Some suggetions for Instant:
No End in Sight (basically how there was no post-invasion plans for iraq)
Shutter Island - a given
Machinist (I own this on DVD, its crazy was Christian bale will do for a role)
Freakonomics (if you like that type of stuff)
Frontline (couple differnt episodes)

A couple in the instant queue:
Once upon a time in america
Kelly's Heroes

-Seems alot of decent one's have gone away (luckily I've already seen them)
In the line of fire
Shawshank Redemption

I can go on and on if we are gonna talk about DVD's too, just watched 127 hours last night :rockon:

PBLA

Oxford White Cobra
Established Member
127 hours was good, but I just got around to watching Into the Wild, which is very similar, and thought it was better.

Riddla

Established Member
A movie called
AVN (Aliens vs Ninjas)
Fast paced B movie

Best of all, it's rated MA

stanglife0419

Established Member
+1 on Dexter.
+1 on Archer.
+1 on Spartacus, watch both "Blood and Sand" and "Gods of the Arena" in that order
+1 on Big Bang Theory
+1 on Firefly, watched it based off a reference in BBT.

I'll add:

-Natural Born Killers
-Blue Mountain State (Seasons 1&2)- funny ass show about college football players
-Sons of Anarchy
-The League
-Numb3rs

tdschst

Established Member
Restrepo - great military documentary

Sebastian Junger, author of The Perfect Storm, teamed with photographer Tim Hetherington and spent a year embedded with the Second Platoon in Afghanistan, chronicling the hard work, fear and brotherhood that come with repelling a deadly enemy. Hunkered down with the soldiers in one of the region's most strategic valleys, the filmmakers uncover the dark humor, sleepless surreality and constant anxiety of war in this Oscar-nominated documentary.

I work with a guy who was in the unit that got replaced by the guys in Restrepo. He says it was just as crazy, if not crazier, than the documentary shows.

I HIGHLY recommend everyone watch it.

Oh and whoever recommended Restrepo, dayum. Such an awesome documentary on their 15mo deployment into really a valley of hell. I seriously teared up in one part and I have no problem saying that, its a really gut wrenching doc.

Restrepo was just an amazing documentry.

HO...LY...SH!T

Amazing movie. There really isn't many movies that will leave me speechless. Actually I can't think of one off the top of my head right now. Amazing amazing amazing movie. Really shows what these guys go through. My hats off to all you service men and women :beer:

Vae_Victus

Established Member
WOW you Americans have it made with Netflix. Most of the movies and tv shows listed so far in this thread are not available to Canadian subscribers. Does it cost you guys the same as it does in Canada? We pay $8 a month.

Riddla

Established Member
Watching daybreakers. Not too bad
Sent with My Massive Johnson

tdschst

Established Member
IDK if they're on Netflix or not but some great movies are Green Street Hooligan's and Lucky Number Slevin. Watching Boondock Saints now (the good one) if you haven't seen any of these they're must sees

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
WOW you Americans have it made with Netflix. Most of the movies and tv shows listed so far in this thread are not available to Canadian subscribers. Does it cost you guys the same as it does in Canada? We pay $8 a month.

Yeah i think its $9/mo here.

My girl pays for it, mostly for her parents until the 360 got the netflix app, now we use it a bunch more than we used to. I used to just torrent all this stuff but now its usually on Netflix.

Cool thing is her parents can be using her account at their house and we can be logged in at ours on the 360 and it doesnt pop up with any errors or such saying only one person can be streaming at one time with the same account.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Yeah i think its $9/mo here.

My girl pays for it, mostly for her parents until the 360 got the netflix app, now we use it a bunch more than we used to. I used to just torrent all this stuff but now its usually on Netflix.

Cool thing is her parents can be using her account at their house and we can be logged in at ours on the 360 and it doesnt pop up with any errors or such saying only one person can be streaming at one time with the same account.

Are you sure that you didn't vote for Obama?

Users who are viewing this thread