The Netflix thread

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Restrepo - great military documentary

Sebastian Junger, author of The Perfect Storm, teamed with photographer Tim Hetherington and spent a year embedded with the Second Platoon in Afghanistan, chronicling the hard work, fear and brotherhood that come with repelling a deadly enemy. Hunkered down with the soldiers in one of the region's most strategic valleys, the filmmakers uncover the dark humor, sleepless surreality and constant anxiety of war in this Oscar-nominated documentary.

I work with a guy who was in the unit that got replaced by the guys in Restrepo. He says it was just as crazy, if not crazier, than the documentary shows.

I HIGHLY recommend everyone watch it.

03svt86

Established Member
Before the devil knows your dead - About brothers who rob their parents jewerly store. Good flick with naked Marisa Tomei!! :)

Gabriel03Cobra

Established Member
WOW what a greattt thread idea. The whole instant Netflix is cool, but I payed the extra 4 bucks a month... (11.99 total) to get one blu ray/dvd out at a time as well.

Sexdrive is funny (dudes drive across country to get laid)
Matchstick Men with nick cage is a GREAT movie (con men get into shit)

^both instant quene

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
I second the 24 series on Instant Watch. Very good and will keep you busy for a LONG time. 192 hour-long episodes in total (or ~45 minutes since no commercials). But, I'm guessing most people have already seen it.

Season 1: B
Season 2: A
Season 3: B-
Season 4: A+
Season 5: A+
Season 6: A+
Season 7: A+
Season 8: Dunno yet.

I started Battlestar Galactica a few weeks ago. Very very good series as well. I'm just starting season 2.

If you can stand waiting for DVDs in the mail, I highly recommend The Big Bang Theory series. If you're a big geek / dork like me, it will have you rolling. Absolutely hilarious. I'm glad my wife took a chance on it and put it into our queue.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Netflix is the shit when it comes to TV shows. Apparently Xbox/PS3 is about to get hulu to, which should hopefully make Netflix up its game. I just wish they would still stream to soldiers overseas, I live in germany and they wont stream unless you in the US. Talk about BS!

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
Rampage is a badass movie

lock up
Manhunters Fugitive Task Force season 1&2
The Universe season 1-4
top gear
family guy
american dad
south park
futurama

PBLA

Oxford White Cobra
Established Member
I saw they recently added Sling Blade and I've been meaning to watch that one again. Also used Netflix to watch the Bullitt chase scene but didn't bother with the rest of the movie. So here are a few, some are may not be hidden or obscure, but may have gone unnoticed.

Sling Blade
Bullitt
Cool Hand Luke
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Boondock Saints
Elegey (mainly for topless Penelope Cruz)
Mullholland Drive (excellent)
Falling Down
District 9
The Big Lebowski
Legends of the Fall
Gangs of New York
Zombieland
Law Abiding Citizen
Precious
Full Metal Jacket
Fargo

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Really good korean Flick Called "The Chaser" You can watch this one under instant as well.

Joong-ho is a dirty detective turned pimp in financial trouble as several of his girls have recently disappeared without clearing their debts. While trying to track them down, he finds a clue that the vanished girls were all called up by a same client whom one of his girls is meeting with right now.

Other good movies have already been mentioned, like "Restrepo", "Exit Through the Gift Shop"

AAG

Established Member
You should watch Battlestar Galactica after that. More epic than Lost IMO. Ever wonder how the human race found earth? Why we had polytheistic religions and now have a bunch of monotheistic ones? The writers did a pretty damn good job of pulling off an epic story in 4 seasons.

Thanks, I'll do that :rockon:

This. The first 4 seasons are by far better than the last two, but still worth watching.

John Locke FTMFW, dimples is hot as hell and Sawyer is the shit.

LOLZ, my wife LOVES Sawyer & I think Freckles is Hot as ****. We've really enjoyed watching this series so far.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Archer - Hilarious series

I LOVE Archer... never miss it! Zombie Strippers also sounds very intriquing!!!

I just watched "Life on Mars" series..[snip] ..Harvey Keitel is a real ball buster on the show.

I thought that show was excellent and was really bummed that they cut it after one season. Keitel is one of the best ever!!!

Dexter, Weeds, & Prison break.

Prison Break may very well be one of my Top 5 shows EVER. I still have the series finale on my DVR. EVERYONE seems to rave about Dexter, I'm gonna have to check it out.

One of my all time fav's! I envy you because you can jump straight to the next episode. I loyally followed it when it was airing and the wait from week to week killed me!

Sexdrive is funny (dudes drive across country to get laid)

I freakin' love Sexdrive! I DVR'd it on Starz a couple years ago and it is a permanent fixture on there.

Users who are viewing this thread