The New Ford GT Unveiled - Link

jcthorne

Established Member
1200 estimated production run over a 3 to 4 yr run. 300 per year. VERY limited production, much more hand labor build time than the previous due to the CF body. Likely bespoke presold orders only and less than 1 in 10 dealers will get an allocation unit to order. This is truly a halo car intended for publicity, not an everyman's supercar. The Jay Leno's will get one but not you and I.

Oh, and the 'Liquid Blue' color shown at the NAIAS will not be available on any of those vehicles, even the GT.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
1200 estimated production run over a 3 to 4 yr run. 300 per year. VERY limited production, much more hand labor build time than the previous due to the CF body. Likely bespoke presold orders only and less than 1 in 10 dealers will get an allocation unit to order. This is truly a halo car intended for publicity, not an everyman's supercar. The Jay Leno's will get one but not you and I.

Oh, and the 'Liquid Blue' color shown at the NAIAS will not be available on any of those vehicles, even the GT.

Link to information?

guarnibl

Established Member
Another site, SAACforums, posted a thread estimating the cost of the new Ford GT @ 390K !!
If you were going to spend 390K, would you buy a 6 with 600 hp, or a 12 with 700 hp ?
..............( at this price point, the knife @ a gun fight )

No. They can't price it higher than a Ferrari 458 Speciale (or even the upcoming 458T). It wouldn't sell IMO.

I wouldn't bat an eyelash to pay $300,000 for an '05/06 -- but certainly not a new one with a TT v6 unless it drastically outperformed other cars in that price range. Future appreciation is very much a gamble in both ways, but I think the 05/06 would still be a safer bet.

The first Ford GT was what -- $150k? With inflation that would put the car probably in the $200,000 range. I don't think it's going much higher than other mid-engined cars in that performance/price range.

Guess we'll see ! I would probably consider one at $250k -- above that and I'd probably pass.

Last edited:

RedVenom

Da Infamous One
Established Member
First off I love the car, its looks sick and sounds amazing. V8 TT would have been nice but also predictable. Ford is doing what is the first US car with a DCT thats something we want to trickle down to the Mustang and really advance that car IMO. Others may hate it but I like that.

1. V6TT like their Prototype cars run is smart marketing and sets this motor up to power other cars in the future while building its performance credentials
2. Price wise you should expect a $200-225k base price plus options etc...
3. This car is being built to go toe to toe with the Mac 650S, Ferrari 458, 911 Turbo S, Huracan and R8 just to name a few. Its not going after the 918, Laferrari and P1 type cars, so 900-1100hp isn't needed.

I'm more interested in see who in the aftermarket will mod these motors, the GTR motors are making 2000whp with V6TT setups on stock blocks and crushing pretty much anything they run. This car will likely take to upgraded turbos and other mods with ease and will be plenty stout out of the box. I for one will seriously consider purchasing one once final specs and pricing is released.

Rios302

Established Member
The new Ford GT has the looks of a 1 million dollar exotic yet I hope they keep the price down. I don't see this being any less than a Dodge Viper fully loaded so 150k is out of the question. I am leaning towards 200-250k mark. The looks on this car are growing on me by the minute. I bet it looks even better on person. Too bad I don't think I ll ever be able to afford one.

jcthorne

Established Member
No. They can't price it higher than a Ferrari 458 Speciale (or even the upcoming 458T). It wouldn't sell IMO.

I think you are wrong. Ford has a racing history Ferrari does not and the market has agreed with it. So long as it performs and they keep the production numbers where they are quoting (300 or so a year), they can price it well above the 458 and sell every one they can make. The market has shown the car will hold that value, perhaps more. The Ferrari not so much...

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I think you are wrong. Ford has a racing history Ferrari does not and the market has agreed with it. So long as it performs and they keep the production numbers where they are quoting (300 or so a year), they can price it well above the 458 and sell every one they can make. The market has shown the car will hold that value, perhaps more. The Ferrari not so much...

Ferrari doesn't have racing history???

jcthorne

Established Member
Ferrari doesn't have racing history???

I should have said Ford has a unique racing history that Ferrari does not have, including spectacular 1 - 2 - 3 finish over Ferrari that has never been bested. This has shown in the market to be pedegree enough to justify market position.

Ford is not worried about selling the new GT, at least for the first few years of intended production.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
It will be interesting to see where the HP numbers are in the GT.....

I have an aftermarket developed 3.5 Liter SHO, making 498 WHP on 93 with Meth..... 702 FWHP (stock dyno'd 259 WHP from 365 FWHP)

looking forward to seeing the fuel system specs, etc......

This thing needs to be $150,000! Building a super car, that only investors will buy will do NOTHING for the sport!

Mike

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It will be interesting to see where the HP numbers are in the GT.....

I have an aftermarket developed 3.5 Liter SHO, making 498 WHP on 93 with Meth..... 702 FWHP (stock dyno'd 259 WHP from 365 FWHP)

looking forward to seeing the fuel system specs, etc......

This thing needs to be $150,000! Building a super car, that only investors will buy will do NOTHING for the sport!

Mike

Where the hell are you losing 200hp? That's the most ridiculous amount of parasitic loss I think I've ever seen. And $150k? You are high.

bret a ewing

Established Member
UPDATE: PRICE AND BUILD QUANTITY

Looks like it will be priced with the Lambo 'Tador ~ $400k.

Sketchy on build numbers but 250ish for the first year is reliable ballpark.

Snuggle up to a dealer, this is a worldwide production amount.

Best, Bret.

Users who are viewing this thread