The New Shelby Wheel

chuckstang

Established Member
wow 14inches wide. Will any of those fit the gt500?? I want more pics too, what is teflon finish? No prices either

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
Here's what I read about pricing....

The pricing on both the Shelby Redline and 40th Shelby is $1600 retail and $1000 wholesale. So basically these wheels will be going for around $1300-$1500 PER WHEEL. Yes this is true. So for everyone interested, a nice set of these and some nice tires will only run you around $7,000. Oh yes plus shipping whatever that will be.

- If that's true they can kiss my 7000 dollar a**

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
1BADGT500 said:

The pricing on both the Shelby Redline and 40th Shelby is $1600 retail and $1000 wholesale. So basically these wheels will be going for around $1300-$1500 PER WHEEL. Yes this is true. So for everyone interested, a nice set of these and some nice tires will only run you around $7,000. Oh yes plus shipping whatever that will be.

This is completely outrageous it is rediculous. The more C. Shelby keeps licensing his name out to associate with 3rd-party manufactured parts the less respect I am having for this guy. I am beginning to think this guy has no interest than to rake in the money on people's complete stupidity and ignorance. This to me identifies a charlatan.

Crossss

Mad Torque Inc.
Established Member
1BADGT500 said:

:nonono:

hmmm a Kenne Bell + Shelby Razors or these? :bored:

Amyb

*********, Shelby Autos
Established Member
Crossss said:
:nonono:

hmmm a Kenne Bell + Shelby Razors or these? :bored:

Guys, I am sorry, I HAVENT HEARD THE PRICE YET, BUT i WILL TELL YOU THAT ar HAS BEEN MAKING VERY SPECIAL ONE OFF WHEELS HERE IN THE us FOR bOYD AND OTHERS, THESE ARE A 3 PIECE wheels, and made to order. There are plenty of very cool wheels with the shelby name coming from AR. I will get more info when I get in next week

Amy

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Amyb said:
Guys, I am sorry, I HAVENT HEARD THE PRICE YET, BUT i WILL TELL YOU THAT ar HAS BEEN MAKING VERY SPECIAL ONE OFF WHEELS HERE IN THE us FOR bOYD AND OTHERS, THESE ARE A 3 PIECE wheels, and made to order. There are plenty of very cool wheels with the shelby name coming from AR. I will get more info when I get in next week

Amy

How in the hell does some old kute prostituting his name to a wheel manufacturer so they can put it on the wheel make that wheel so damn special to justify even considering jacking-up in price way above what the wheel is actually worth?

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
:eek: ..........only the rich, and in my opinion, the not-so-bright people will spend that kind of money for 4 wheels for a $43K u.s./$53k Can priced car.
Not for me. There are nicer on the market and lower priced. Keep your originals for future value and buy something else to really enjoy your toy.

beabout

Established Member
R1Lello said:
:eek: ..........only the rich, and in my opinion, the not-so-bright people will spend that kind of money for 4 wheels for a $43K u.s./$53k Can priced car.
Not for me. There are nicer on the market and lower priced. Keep your originals for future value and buy something else to really enjoy your toy.

I agree 100%....

cobracide

Established Member
CobraKindaGuy said:
How in the hell does some old kute prostituting his name to a wheel manufacturer so they can put it on the wheel make that wheel so damn special to justify even considering jacking-up in price way above what the wheel is actually worth?

I think you've nailed the whole Shelby thing and to whom these products are actually marketed.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
1BADGT500 said:

wow yeah really, thats very outrageous..

chuckstang

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
I am happy with my 1 piece forged 19" wheel that weighs less than the stock 18's.
+ 1 man, very good choice of wheels without going nutz in price.
Also, did anyone else find Amy's post confusing? lol
I think they will drop the price because they are not going to sell enough at the price to be profitable.

mcdover

Established Member
chuckstang said:
+ 1 man, very good choice of wheels without going nutz in price.
Also, did anyone else find Amy's post confusing? lol
I think they will drop the price because they are not going to sell enough at the price to be profitable.

Somebody at American Racing has been hitting the sauce a little too hard! Just because someone is willing to pay $5K-$20K over MSRP, doesn't mean they are willing to give this kind of money for a set of wheels from a company that is not known for custom wheels. I think they are charging for the name embossed on the lip more than any quality aspects.

chuckstang

Established Member
Just think, once Shelby dies, the high performance Mustangs and parts will finally come back to prices for the everyday working joe!

R1Lello

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
I am happy with my 1 piece forged 19" wheel that weighs less than the stock 18's.

:coolman: I'd buy wheels like your CCW 500's anyday over any others right now. Your wheels to me are by far the best so far. And 19's are perfect for this car. I will not go 20's.........not enough rubber(sidewall). I too will go 19's or stay 18's. You paid more but yours are lighter, any offset/bs, polished just like I like them(I hate chrome!) Everyone else is searching and want it all but for a cheap price..........good luck. they are finding either f and r are not staggered, not enough width options, wrong offset/bs etc......... You get what you pay for..............

Users who are viewing this thread