"The Pitbull Problem..."

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
That movie brings a tear to my eye.

I've owned five pits in my life time. Three of them I rescued and only one of them was a problem. And the one wasn't a viscious animal, she had a personality problem and wouldn't stop crapping herself when I left to go anywhere.

The best one I ever owned would tear you apart but only if you tried to start anything with my brother or myself. She thought we were a couple of her puppies.

It's in the bloodline and how they are raised, period.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
animals in general can be made to be mean or raised to be sweet. hopefully nobody i know will ever beat or abuse a dog in that way.

jguerrero

Established Member
astippich great post, agree with it fully.:thumbsup: I would quote it but its too long

lets see some pics of your pits:rockon:

Loki-'purple ribbon' bloodlines
Picture_186.jpg

Cobi-APBA registered
trip_355.jpg

Last edited:

astippich

Established Member
One small addition to my post(I promise) I see many people that hit their dog or kick their dog when it does something wrong. This is probably because thats how they saw their parents train the family dog (my own father trained this way). This is wrong,wrong,wrong. Use positive re-enforcement to train. If you train by hitting your asking for problems. The only time it is even somewhat excuseable is when the dog shows agression towards humans. A dominance move is still the better choice in this situation.

Bazuko

Established Member
Originally posted by astippich
One small addition to my post(I promise) I see many people that hit their dog or kick their dog when it does something wrong. This is probably because thats how they saw their parents train the family dog (my own father trained this way). This is wrong,wrong,wrong. Use positive re-enforcement to train. If you train by hitting your asking for problems. The only time it is even somewhat excuseable is when the dog shows agression towards humans. A dominance move is still the better choice in this situation.

What typeof dominance move do you suggest?

Originally posted by mystic1
As a dog breeder of pitbulls or Amstaffs as the correct name for them, I can speak from personal knowledge that these dogs are the most kindest and gentle, most loyal dog ever. Naturally a pit is dogg agressive that is in there demeaner, but human agressive I think not. If one of these dogs is human aggressive you can tell at birth, and in turn they get a dirt nap. The dogs that we breed are bred for temperment and personality. If anyone of you guys ever wanted a good quality, guranteed temperment pit PM me, and actually I have 3 pups left from are liter that will go for an extremely resonable price to a kind and loving home. I own both the Sire and Dam, both in my kennel here. The puppies are 1)blue fawn bridel(female), 1)Silver w/blue overspray(male), and another blue fawn bridel (male). Pups are Five weeks old and can be shipped via plane to anywhere in the US at a resonable price once they are 8weeks old.

A lot of people would consider you part of the cause of the problems above.

astippich

Established Member
The dominance move I speak of consists of putting the dog on its back, then stradle the dog and hold it down by the sides of its head until it stops squirming. This is establishing the dogs "place in the pack" When you stradle the dog you need not put your full weight on it, just enough to control the dog. This move is a must for any large or strong willed breed.

astippich

Established Member
Euphoric one, why do you say mystic is part of the problem? It is unfortunate when any dog has to be put down. To preserve the integrity of the breed it would be irresponsible to sell or breed a dog that a breeder knows is agressive towards humans. If these dogs were not destroyed then you may read or hear about them on the news, giving the animal idiots yet one more reason to try and ban pitbulls.

Originally posted by astippich
Euphoric one, why do you say mystic is part of the problem? It is unfortunate when any dog has to be put down. To preserve the integrity of the breed it would be irresponsible to sell or breed a dog that a breeder knows is agressive towards humans. If these dogs were not destroyed then you may read or hear about them on the news, giving the animal idiots yet one more reason to try and ban pitbulls.

While I am not sure where I stand on this, people at animal shelters consider pit breeders a large part of the problem. Thousands of pitbulls are being killed every day because they can't find homes for them while these people breed them for personal profits.

The flip side of the coin is some of these animal shelters are some real pompous asses. I recently was denied trying to adopt this one pit because my backyard fence was deemed "too low." Nevermind the f***ing fact I wouldn't have let it run loose in the backyard. Breeders are also sometimes the best and only change at getting a pure bred dog, as opposed to the mutts you find at animal shelters, so there is good and bad about breeding I guess.

On a side note, jguerrero, what type of pit is that in the first picture? I would absolutely kill to have one like that.

jguerrero

Established Member
Originally posted by NiteMareGT
Sorry Mystic1, but Amstaffs and American Pit Bull Terriers are 2 completely different breeds. Don't confuse the 2........:read:

Actually Amstaffs are Pitbulls. A while back a group decided to change the name of their pitbulls to Amstaffs(American Staffordshire Terriers) in order to allow them the be shown in AKC shows. American Pitbull terriers are not allowed to be shown in the AKC,only UKC and ohter pitbull orgs. This is mostly due to pitbulls having to many variables in looks and colors, and the AKC basically being a bunch of pompous aholes. The Amstaff has been breed over time to have only certain colors and stricter breeding to give the breed unique qualities that can be judged Funny thing is that a Amstaff can be shown as a pitbull, but a pitbull can not be shown as a Amstaff. One other thing about amstaff is that there is more of an attempt to get rid of the 'gameness' within the breed. Now 'gameness' doesnt mean that teh dog is goign to be vicious or fight all the time, but it can be if trained too, but instead the dogs drive to accomplish any task that its owner puts in front of it.:beer:

jguerrero

Established Member
Originally posted by Euphoric One
On a side note, jguerrero, what type of pit is that in the first picture? I would absolutely kill to have one like that.

Thats 'Loki' or his show name 'Loki the Spawn of Hades', the pretty boy of the family:) . He comes from a decorated family line. He is registered in the UKC, and is Purple Ribbon registered(which basically means he has had at least 7 gens of great looking dogs that have won some stuff in shows.) His color is blue with white socks and chest. His mother and father are actually having their last litter in January. All of the dogs are goign to look great. When he gets older I am goign to breed him once just to keep the line going.

....and just when I start complimenting him, I go into the room and see him trying to eat a quart of oil that somehow made it onto the floor. The joys of having a puppy:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread