The Random Weather Thread

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Thank.God.

At least our swirly windy things give us a few days heads up before reeking havoc

Sent from my SM-G930T using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Most of the time, at least we knew it was out there. Hurricane Charley(13-14 years ago) wasn't supposed to hit us, but the bitch took right turn up the Peace River. The eye of that thing went right over my house. Get beat up from one side, then get blasted from the other. It was a riot...

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Most of the time, at least we knew it was out there. Hurricane Charley(13-14 years ago) wasn't supposed to hit us, but the bitch took right turn up the Peace River. The eye of that thing went right over my house. Get beat up from one side, then get blasted from the other. It was a riot...
I remember Charley, we were supposed to get it but we got lucky up here with the turn that hurt yous guys.

My family and I (although I was very young) lived through Andrew in Miami; THAT was a storm. We were in San Francisco on vacation before it hit. Cut the trip short and high tailed it home; we were one of the last commercial flights to land at KMIA before they closed it.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I remember Charley, we were supposed to get it but we got lucky up here with the turn that hurt yous guys.

My family and I (although I was very young) lived through Andrew in Miami; THAT was a storm. We were in San Francisco Francisco vacation before it hit. Cut the trip short and high tailed it home; we were one of the last commercial flights to land at KMIA before they closed it.

Yeah, that thing was a high cat 4. I had just put a new roof on my house 2 months that saved my bacon, but still got jacked pretty good. I was over in Miami delivering water for Andrew.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Hurricane Andrew

All of the max wind speeds for Andrew are "best guesses," all of the wind gauges were either maxed out (only accurate up to a certain speed, then they are pretty much useless), damaged, or destroyed. The gauge at the local Air Force Base was completely blown away....

This storm led to Miami-Dade county having the strictest building code in the entire country.

Remember folks, "it's not THAT the wind is blowing, it's WHAT the wind is blowing."

hurricane-andrew-ir2-77311b613d4d1a9e3e84d8d13fd0907902ae2655-s800-c15.jpeg
38_hurricane_andrew_1992.jpeg
hurricaneandrew20120714018_a.jpeg
d2a1ca63ffa6a172e953e954a40c3690.jpeg
tumblr_n8pznk2KhU1szi2kmo1_1280.jpeg
116678main_trees_bend_lg.jpeg
and-fffffffffffff.jpeg
331008-450x-g_123.jpeg
gettyimages-690989734.jpeg
Hurricane_Andrew_Palm_Tree2.jpeg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
True, it was the flying debris that did the most damage. We're now a 150mph building code in my county.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
At least the sweat actually evaporates off of your skin to cool you down there. Sweating here does nothing but make your shirt stick to you

It’s muggy as **** here in the morning, early afternoon, but does burn off later in the day. Houston is one of the most humid places in US, but admittedly I think other parts of the gulf coast are actually worse.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Nice here today for July if y’all like heat and humidity. Honestly comfortable out right now. 87 right now and no damn rain.

Rct851

Established Member
108 here today. ****! I feel bad for the people who had to work in it today.

About to go make my rounds to check on the reroof jobs underway. 130+ up on the shingles and 99% of the guys are happy for the opportunity to work. It’s really a perspective changer when you’re bitching about some small discomfort in your life.

Users who are viewing this thread