The Real bullitt sells at Mecum

blk02edge

Established Member
That's the sad part, because usually when a car with such history is bought by a private collector, it's never seen again except by private invitation.
I doubt it. Whoever bought it bought it for bragging rights, no other reason to own something like that. I bet it gets displayed somewhere rather than locked away

DougNuts

'18 F150
Established Member
I took the boys to see it last summer........it was very cool to see a piece of history and we could walk right up to it (arms length).

49368442518_22c37a00ba_b.jpg

49369118337_4dcb20a16d_b.jpg

49368442893_233c372d6d_b.jpg

49368904036_688a061538_b.jpg

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Since it's on the National Historic Vehicle Registry, the new owners name should be known.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I was told today that the auction company bought it to be used for promotions. Don't know if this is actually true but if it is that would be a great way for people to be able to see it.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
lots of rumors about who got it.

was there for the sale. what a madhouse it was. packed with people and when on the block, could hardly see it. I thought it would go for more.

picked up my own piece of the history...Mecum had the unrestored 1:18th for sale in limited numbers.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Was this televised? Someone is very happy! That's awesome!

100% of the auctions are all on YT: Mecum Auctions

They have been like 10 hour streams the last couple days, with today now, Sunday, being the last. Here's the lineup for today: Sunday U Lots for Kissimmee 2020

....nothing really important. Saturday saw all the hyper cars, my main interesting. I'm still shocked at the Volcano Orange P1 selling for $990,000. Any P1 listed online is about 1.5-1.8M.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Much of the money was not in the room Saturday. Many of the cars didn't get close to the reserve but ended up selling later.
I would have liked to have one of models, didn't look at them at all.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
He should have kept it in the family, his dad wouldn’t sell it. I had a feeling when he was parading it around this would be the end result.
Very cool car, driven buy the “king of cool”,
in the coolest car flick ever made. No doubt about that. But I would have sold it in a heartbeat. I would build me 2 dream GT500 super snakes, pay the house off, buy some land, and yada, yada, yada.

Users who are viewing this thread