The Resurrection of "The ACCUSER"

Bad Company

Established Member
I have JDM ENGINEERING cams as well,but my motor is not built yet.I read some years ago that they JDM had a COBRA JET with the 5.4 in it,and with their cams they went up to 8000 RPM!!So,your 7800 RPM is very much believable .How did the trans act at 7800 RPM was it smooth?
I'll say I've never wound it up that tight to make a shift. The stock shifter has been long gone and is where most of the problems are caused in failed shifts. The engine and transmission are now on solid mounts and there will be no movement of the transmission versus the body mounted shifter in the future to cause problems with deflection of the shifter linkage. If I had another big pile of money to invest in the car I'd go with a MoTec computer and a Pfitzner Performance Gearbox conversion to a sequential lever shifted Tremec T6060 transmission. This will speed up gear shifts considerably and help top speeds at mile and 1/2 mile events significantly. Unfortunately that is at least a $50K investment to do with the parts, wiring and programming. Shift speeds become lightening fast though.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
I'll say I've never wound it up that tight to make a shift. The stock shifter has been long gone and is where most of the problems are caused in failed shifts. The engine and transmission are now on solid mounts and there will be no movement of the transmission versus the body mounted shifter in the future to cause problems with deflection of the shifter linkage. If I had another big pile of money to invest in the car I'd go with a MoTec computer and a Pfitzner Performance Gearbox conversion to a sequential lever shifted Tremec T6060 transmission. This will speed up gear shifts considerably and help top speeds at mile and 1/2 mile events significantly. Unfortunately that is at least a $50K investment to do with the parts, wiring and programming. Shift speeds become lightening fast though.
Ok,i was just wondering.Maybe one day a motec will be in the cards.I am sticking with the 6 speed manual.

Bad Company

Established Member
The PPG conversion is still a factory 6 speed transmission case with aftermarket gears in it. The big difference is the different selections of gear ratios, the dog style synchronizers which allow you to shift without using the clutch and the fact you either mover the lever forward or back to downshift or upshift, so you eliminate the H pattern. The MoTec is used to break power to the transmission by using a micro sensor on the lever that feels the slightest input of movement by the driver to control the engine. Shifts are measured in hundreds of a second as far as how fast a shift can be made with this conversion. Here is a video of how fast you can change gears with this type of modification.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The work has been performed 100% in house by Hargett Automotive and Performance in Evansville IN. Custom 4” oval exhaust system

This right here is the best part of this thread for me.

Love, love love!

I plan to do something similar to my tt coyote.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
The PPG conversion is still a factory 6 speed transmission case with aftermarket gears in it. The big difference is the different selections of gear ratios, the dog style synchronizers which allow you to shift without using the clutch and the fact you either mover the lever forward or back to downshift or upshift, so you eliminate the H pattern. The MoTec is used to break power to the transmission by using a micro sensor on the lever that feels the slightest input of movement by the driver to control the engine. Shifts are measured in hundreds of a second as far as how fast a shift can be made with this conversion. Here is a video of how fast you can change gears with this type of modification.

I understand about switching gears faster,i remember the trans.that the late great KEN BLOCK had in his Ford cars and truck.Im cool with the old way.

Poisonous West

Established Member
Hi Kurt, good to see you still in action with the GT500. I fully understand your wife's concern and hope she is doing well.

I still have the KB 3.6 with one off custom designed and 3D printed inlet manifold. I am planning the NSR cam the end of this year and 3D print a one off custom 148mm CAI (currently has the 136mm CAI) and a revised improved design of the I/C outlet 1" tube with the Mercedes pump (8 GPM) VS. the 13/14 pump rated at 6 GPM. This improved design eliminates the LAST (2) 90 degree bends so I can eliminates as much plumping lost as possible.

1674191616239.png

Bad Company

Established Member
Good to see you're still going with the GT500.
It has been a test of persistence, hopefully this summer it will be completed for me to enjoy.
Hi Kurt, good to see you still in action with the GT500. I fully understand your wife's concern and hope she is doing well.

I still have the KB 3.6 with one off custom designed and 3D printed inlet manifold. I am planning the NSR cam the end of this year and 3D print a one off custom 148mm CAI (currently has the 136mm CAI) and a revised improved design of the I/C outlet 1" tube with the Mercedes pump (8 GPM) VS. the 13/14 pump rated at 6 GPM. This improved design eliminates the LAST (2) 90 degree bends so I can eliminates as much plumping lost as possible.

View attachment 1777410
Hello Ken, I'm glad to see you're still enjoying coming up with new things to modify on your car to maximize efficiency and Hp.

I've really spent the last few years on a new house, so the car wasn't a concern for me. Now that the car is nearing completion at HAP and I had a chance to see it recently, my interest in it has been slightly renewed. Unfortunately when I was at HAP on Monday I didn't take any photos, the car is a lot closer to finished than the pictures I posted.

I understand my wife's concerns and this is why I haven't pushed for the car to be done for any particular event date or even a day for it to be completed. My wife is doing as well as to be expected for her conditions. The doctors said she needed a transplant a little over a year ago, but the unfortunate thing is they also told her she wouldn't possibly receive one until she was a priority level 1A because of her blood type and other critical factors that going into deciding when an organ becomes available to a particular recipient. Unfortunately this is causing a slow degradation of her overall health conditions as other organs become unhealthy too. There are a lot more recipients needing a transplant then donors giving and believe it or not the more common these denominators are for the recipient the longer they wait. On a national average 50% of recipients never get a transplant.

Thanks for the well wishes on her behalf.

Bad Company

Established Member
Here are a couple of recent pictures, along with an earlier pictures of the roll cage crossbar with all of the stock mounting brackets for the dashboard in place. I expect this thing to be done in the summer

Attachments

• roll cage painted.jpg
    roll cage painted.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 124
  • roll cage seat.jpg
    roll cage seat.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1232.JPG
    IMG_1232.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 327927148_900618761066214_6742895199124776200_n.jpg
    327927148_900618761066214_6742895199124776200_n.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 272131049_1917777891739490_6854435335249294326_n.jpg
    272131049_1917777891739490_6854435335249294326_n.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 118

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, nice to see the resurrection going so well. I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing the completed project. Great thread!!

Bad Company

Established Member
Wow, nice to see the resurrection going so well. I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing the completed project. Great thread!!
Thank You

I'm getting anxious to have the car in my hands to enjoy. Ryan Hargett and his crew are doing a fantastic job with a lot of thought in how to route the lines for the HE system and extra wiring for the changes made to the car.

Bad Company

Established Member
Excellent to see you back buddy!
Love to see the updates.
-J
Hi J

Thanks. I'll try to keep posting more information as I get some. I'm getting a little excited about the car myself now that completion is getting closer.

Bad Company

Established Member
Hey Kurt. I'm happy to see you're still fighting the good fight.
Hey Catmonkey

Yeah I'm slowly getting the car finished to the level I want. Biggest problem is my wife's resistance to let me drive it at the speed events. Ryan has volunteered to see how fast a wild street GT500 can go, if I'm willing to let someone else drive it. I really don't like that idea as I want to drive it. I will have to see how the wife is going to respond once the car is back home and I'm toying with it on the street again. Her health has slowly gotten worse and with that her fear of me getting hurt in this car has increased significantly. The transplant committee has put her off again until another evaluation comes around in December as this transplant center has patients in much worse shape than she is in at this time so they keep watching her condition to see if it gets worse.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear that. After doing the last round of upgrades on mine I've lost my nerve to see what mine is capable of doing without a cage, and I'm not curious enough to take that one on. Plus it would need an ice tank and different rear gearing, neither of which would serve any purpose other than appease my curiousity. I'll just have to accept 185 mph as my best effort.

Bad Company

Established Member
185 isn't anything to be ashamed of. If you watch any of the NASCAR restrictor plate races they aren't going much faster than this in the turns.

Taking on a cage isn't for the faint of heart when you realize how much $$$$ it takes to do correctly. The other thing is getting in and out of the car becomes an act of a contortionist.......at least for me it is with my stiff back. I've lost a lot of weight in the last few years and it still is a struggle to get in and out of the car with the cage.

Bad Company

Established Member
some of the latest photos of this project. I'm hoping to have it back by the end of the summer. Ryan has been doing some shake down runs on the dyno to make sure nothing is leaking or causing any problems with all the work that has been done

Attachments

• 345238517_788426336059718_3559601853405734565_n.jpg
    345238517_788426336059718_3559601853405734565_n.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 345055533_185296277761618_5388708640614559587_n.jpg
    345055533_185296277761618_5388708640614559587_n.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Mustang Roll Cage.jpg
    Mustang Roll Cage.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 345053460_943077503709025_1058464851402128346_n.jpg
    345053460_943077503709025_1058464851402128346_n.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 354031281_729562175839945_4720829069662002170_n.jpg
    354031281_729562175839945_4720829069662002170_n.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 61

Bad Company

Established Member
The car is almost done.........again. Here is a dyno sheet. The red dash line is Hp pump E85 and the solid red line is pump 93. The blue dash line is torque on pump E85 and the solid blue line is torque on pump 93. RPM during testing was 7700 on E85 and 7000 on 93 Octane. Hopefully the picture is easy to read on here. Ryan was very conservative in the tuning, boost was right 18.5 to 19psi on both runs. I did a short test drive on the E85 tune on the street Friday.........all I can say is 1208 Hp on a street tire is a lot of fun. Actually the car is extremely easy to drive for the power it is producing. I couldn't be happier about the outcome. This was achieved with a ATI stock lower diameter pulley and a 4" upper pulley. There is a lot more power available with a upper pulley change.

The car needs a few things finished up with the roll cage versus seating position. I unfortunately have short legs, to keep the opening large enough to get in the car, the bars that go over my head were not moved towards the front of the car, so the pedals have to be extended for me to reach them without having to stretch. Also the engine has had a surging issue on initial start up from day 1 of the rebuilding process with the KB 4.2L SC and the mono blade throttle body. Ryan thinks it is being caused by the big mono blade Kenne Bell throttle body. He wants me to contact KB tomorrow as he thinks they've got a revision available with the TB for this problem. He had heard KB had been bought by someone else. While doing a little research I believe he is correct as I'm finding links on the KB website to Accufab Racing and Lenco Racing Transmissions. It looks like John Mihovetz is the new owner of KB, I actually was hoping John bought KB when Ryan stated that a new owner had taken over the business.

Attachments

• IMG_0610[1].JPG
    IMG_0610[1].JPG
    394.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The car is almost done.........again. Here is a dyno sheet. The red dash line is Hp pump E85 and the solid red line is pump 93. The blue dash line is torque on pump E85 and the solid blue line is torque on pump 93. RPM during testing was 7700 on E85 and 7000 on 93 Octane. Hopefully the picture is easy to read on here. Ryan was very conservative in the tuning, boost was right 18.5 to 19psi on both runs. I did a short test drive on the E85 tune on the street Friday.........all I can say is 1208 Hp on a street tire is a lot of fun. Actually the car is extremely easy to drive for the power it is producing. I couldn't be happier about the outcome. This was achieved with a ATI stock lower diameter pulley and a 4" upper pulley. There is a lot more power available with a upper pulley change.

The car needs a few things finished up with the roll cage versus seating position. I unfortunately have short legs, to keep the opening large enough to get in the car, the bars that go over my head were not moved towards the front of the car, so the pedals have to be extended for me to reach them without having to stretch. Also the engine has had a surging issue on initial start up from day 1 of the rebuilding process with the KB 4.2L SC and the mono blade throttle body. Ryan thinks it is being caused by the big mono blade Kenne Bell throttle body. He wants me to contact KB tomorrow as he thinks they've got a revision available with the TB for this problem. He had heard KB had been bought by someone else. While doing a little research I believe he is correct as I'm finding links on the KB website to Accufab Racing and Lenco Racing Transmissions. It looks like John Mihovetz is the new owner of KB, I actually was hoping John bought KB when Ryan stated that a new owner had taken over the business.
Awesome numbers, I'm it feels good to have the car back together and driving

Users who are viewing this thread