The saving of a 1998 BAB Cobra

mysteed

Established Member
Got a few more pictures from the painter this weekend. Apparently my K-member at one point took a hard hit so he got that straightened out and back in the car.

ypk3q.jpg

s33hv8.jpg

iz5bg4.jpg

2cz1xko.jpg

2rwt2yq.jpg

2wnsewo.jpg

mysteed

Established Member
So I'm planning my fuel system right now and I'm trying to decide what route to take. I know that 98 is a weird year for fuel systems so it can be a bit tricky for us.

I was hoping to go with the DivisionX GEN 3 Dual Pump Return Style Fuel Hat Manifold from Lethal Performance paired with two of their Walboro 465lph pumps, -10am feed lines, -8 return lines, MMR fuel rails, and 80lb injectors. Am I missing anything or need to change something with this setup? I am thinking it should support well over my 600rwhp goals with E85.

List:
DivisionX GEN 3 Dual Pump Return Style Fuel Hat Manifold
https://www.lethalperformance.com/divisionx-sn95-dual-return-style-fuel-hat-manifold-46610.html

Walboro 465lph fuel pump
Walbro 465 LPH DCSS Twin Turbine Fuel Pump (E85 Compatible)

MMR fuel rails
1996-1998 Mustang COBRA SVT MMR Billet fuel rails [100710] - $189.99 : Modular Motorsports, Home of the Worlds Fastest Modular Engines

80lb fuel injectors
Siemen Deka 80lb USCAR High Impedence Injectors (Set of 8)

mysteed

Established Member
Got a few new pics from the painter. Front suspension is back in after painting the interior of the fenders, the rear wheel wells are rolled, and the previous repairs on the rear 1/4 panels reared their ugly heads. It looks like instead of pulling the metal to do the repairs the previous shop just put bondo over the repairs on each rear quarter panel. Wonderful.

qS03bvz.jpg

MVUDJg8.jpg

t7Yipfw.jpg

2QMNuVV.jpg

ilHDlMW.jpg

gJfDSJC.jpg

Last edited:

Comp04svt

Established Member
So I'm planning my fuel system right now and I'm trying to decide what route to take. I know that 98 is a weird year for fuel systems so it can be a bit tricky for us.

I was hoping to go with the DivisionX GEN 3 Dual Pump Return Style Fuel Hat Manifold from Lethal Performance paired with two of their Walboro 465lph pumps, -10am feed lines, -8 return lines, MMR fuel rails, and 80lb injectors. Am I missing anything or need to change something with this setup? I am thinking it should support well over my 600rwhp goals with E85.

List:
DivisionX GEN 3 Dual Pump Return Style Fuel Hat Manifold
DivisionX GEN 3 99-04 Mustang Dual Pump Return Style Fuel Hat Manifold

Walboro 465lph fuel pump
Walbro 465 LPH DCSS Twin Turbine Fuel Pump (E85 Compatible)

MMR fuel rails
1996-1998 Mustang COBRA SVT MMR Billet fuel rails [100710] - $189.99 : Modular Motorsports, Home of the Worlds Fastest Modular Engines

80lb fuel injectors
Siemen Deka 80lb USCAR High Impedence Injectors (Set of 8)

Car looks great! I don't see why that fuel system wouldn't support your and more. I'm running pretty much that same setup using in a Lethal 1200hp return setup. My power numbers are in my sig. Still have headroom per my tuner.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Very nice build and save of a BAB. I would go with the 274 465 pumps and not the 267. The 274 has a higher pressure release that is designed for E85 use. Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

mysteed

Established Member
Very nice build and save of a BAB. I would go with the 274 465 pumps and not the 267. The 274 has a higher pressure release that is designed for E85 use. Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

Excellent, I will keep that in mind. I'll PM you once I'm ready to pull the trigger on the fuel system - I have heard nothing but good things about you and your operation.

mysteed

Established Member
Cool to see an update, i came across this link through a google search and i remember when you first got the car. Painted engine bay looks great.

Thanks sir. I appreciate it.

No real update on the BAB other than I'm hoping it gets out of paint by the end of February. Really wanting to make Mod Nationals this year.

Users who are viewing this thread