The saving of a 1998 BAB Cobra

jarryd2018

Established Member
Where did you get those LEDs at Nathan? I might throw some of those in, they would match the lights on my head unit.

Keep up the good work man.

mysteed

Established Member
as much as they are overplayed i am sure the saleens will look the best..or some chrome 03 cobras..the fr500s would look pretty good to tho..my.02
Yeah, all of those would look great. I think I'm just ready for a change in wheels.

This thread is full of win. I love your car. BAB FTW!

The LED bulbs made such a difference. You should get the 03 cobra shift knob, imo that would look sick.
Thank you sir.

Where did you get those LEDs at Nathan? I might throw some of those in, they would match the lights on my head unit.

Keep up the good work man.
Thanks Jarryd. I got the LED's from ebay.

mysteed

Established Member
Well the guy came and picked up my old machined Cobra wheels so it looks like I'll be picking up a set of 18x9/18x10 FR500's this week. For now though the BAB is rocking my (very) old set of AFS chrome 18x9 Mach1 wheels that I keep as a spare set in cases like these. I don't like how it looks with the Mach's but it's better than having the car stranded on jackstands.

And yes I know it needs a drop in the front.
IMG_1283.jpg

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
He said he wanted hypercoated FR500's.

And damn I dont know how I never saw this thread. Seems to be comming together well though! You'll love it once its complete. BAB is by far one of my favorite colors.

mysteed

Established Member
The guy with the FR500's backed out because his new wheels are on backorder. The search for new wheels continues then.

jareds99slobra

Established Member
man hats off to ya. i cant believe everything uve had to go thru with this car. it is definatley gonna be awsome when u get through with it. i get a little upset if 1 small thing goes wrong w my cobra u got problems out the ass and still keepin ur head up. Great job so far and keep it up!

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
I've really enjoyed watching you transform this car back to something special. Good job and good luck with the rest of car.

StangmanRob

Established Member
Damn, it's looking real good. I need to change my bulbs!!! looks amazing! You should send a pic to the old owner with a big F U! JK.. More updates!!

BBCOBRA

Established Member
The guy with the FR500's backed out because his new wheels are on backorder. The search for new wheels continues then.

cruzinconepts.com has a sale on these right now. I'm geting the same wheels for around 600 plus shipping. They are on sale for 148 and 150 for the 18x9 and 18x10 chrome Fr500's.

I dont think they offer the hypercoated version though.

I was looking for these used but just went for a new set, wheels and tires.

Last edited:

mysteed

Established Member
The FR500s will look awsome. Chrome?
Silver actually.

He said he wanted hypercoated FR500's.

And damn I dont know how I never saw this thread. Seems to be comming together well though! You'll love it once its complete. BAB is by far one of my favorite colors.
Yeah it's coming together little by little.

man hats off to ya. i cant believe everything uve had to go thru with this car. it is definatley gonna be awsome when u get through with it. i get a little upset if 1 small thing goes wrong w my cobra u got problems out the ass and still keepin ur head up. Great job so far and keep it up!
Thanks man. It's been quite the eyeopening experience thus far that's for sure.

I've really enjoyed watching you transform this car back to something special. Good job and good luck with the rest of car.
Thanks sir.

Damn, it's looking real good. I need to change my bulbs!!! looks amazing! You should send a pic to the old owner with a big F U! JK.. More updates!!
The old owner is on here.

cruzinconepts.com has a sale on these right now. I'm geting the same wheels for around 600 plus shipping. They are on sale for 148 and 150 for the 18x9 and 18x10 chrome Fr500's.

I dont think they offer the hypercoated version though.

I was looking for these used but just went for a new set, wheels and tires.
That is a great deal for those wheels. I have a set that I'm already purchasing though.:beer:

mysteed

Established Member
Update:

Since my last update I was actually able to get some stuff done on the car. We figured out that the reason I was throwing a P1443 code was that they had the evap solinoid and the evap purge valve routed together and were in a closed loop with the vac side of the engine as well as the canister had a ling just laying unpluged in the fender. So I replaced all of those lines (they were rotting), retouted the lines, and since then the code has not returned. I also met a local SVTPer and purchased his set of silver 18x9/18x10 FR500's wrapped in 265/35R18 and 295/35R18 BFG KDW rubber. Thanks Craig! When I put the wheels on I noticed that the rotors were rusting where the brake pad wasn't making contact so that I scuffed and painted them.

Pics!

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

Drop coming soon!

Last edited:

mysteed

Established Member
Scuffed and painted the rotors? I've never heard of that? Maybe I'm behind the times lol.
Where the brake pads don't touch the rotors that area will rust after a while or if that area comes into contact with water it will rust. If you clean the rust off aand scuff that area to leave it a little abrasive the paint will stick to the rotor. Thus it will be black and not rust colored where the brake pad doesn't come into contact with the rotor.

70Maverick

Established Member
Coming along nicely. You need to find a Cobra airbag for it sometime when time and budget allows.

It is looking sharp. Keep up the good work.

Users who are viewing this thread