The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez on Netflix

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Whether you're a parent or not it's a well put together, poignant, and heart wrenching watch. It's incredible how badly the ball was dropped so many times with this child eventually leading to his HORRIBLE death. The LA County DCFS is under fire and deservedly so. And while this was being produced another child only 10 years old was found murdered with eerily similar circumstances only miles from where Gabriel died. Surprisingly, it's not full of liberal bias. It's a scathing look at how broken this system is in LA county and basically nationwide. If there's one thing we should all be concerned with is protecting children from abuse and neglect. My Wife and I binged watched it last night and this morning, I warn you it's a tearjerker no matter how tough you think you are. It's unbelievable what people are capable of.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, I can see how tough that could be to watch. Raw emotions! Sad story.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
My wife and I were watching Netflix today and after our show the trailer for this show played.

After just watching the trailer she said there's no way she could watch it. She can't take shows concerning neglected and abused children.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
I had to turn it off halfway through episode 2. We have kids in his age range. I couldn't dream of doing anything but hugging and kissing the shit out of them.

That poor boy was one of many thousands of children that "the system" fails. RIP little one.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Shit was absolutely insane.

the fact that not only was DFS called.. cops were called .. cops lied to protect themselves and not save a kid

Just insanity.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Cliffs on what happened? Never heard this story. But then again I dont watch tv much so no news.

8 year old boy was given back to his sadistic pig mother and scumbag boyfriend so they could increase her gubament paycheck. A boy she had given up at birth and was being raised happily first by his Uncle then Grandparents. After arriving was tortured for 8 months. Beaten, deprived of food, burned by cigarettes, choked, shot by BBC guns
Cliffs on what happened? Never heard this story. But then again I dont watch tv much so no news.

So basically a boy that was happily raised by his Uncle and then Grandparents for 7 years of his life was taken from them by his sadistic pig Mother and boyfriend so her monthly gubbament income would increase; she originally gave him up at birth. Within eight months he was dead. His last eight months consisted of beatings, choking, being burned by cigarettes, shot by bb guns, being bound/gagged, handcuffed, starved, trapped in a box, and made to eat cat litter, before he was beaten to death.

The LA county DCFS failed him miserably even though he had an open file and was listed as being at high risk, in addition to the LAPD ignoring what was going on. Both agencies had open investigations with NUMEROUS reports indicating a huge problem from several reliable sources and they did nothing to help this poor child. It's an eye opening look at a terrible system, its failings, and an indictment of all people involved and how they failed at every turn to do the right thing for the most vulnerable part of our populous.

I have 2 children close to his age and it was incredibly tough to watch but eye opening as to how terrible the system is and how society is failing to protect our most valuable asset; children.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
So basically a boy that was happily raised by his Uncle and then Grandparents for 7 years of his life was taken from them by his sadistic pig Mother and boyfriend so her monthly gubbament income would increase; she originally gave him up at birth. Within eight months he was dead. His last eight months consisted of beatings, choking, being burned by cigarettes, shot by bb guns, being bound/gagged, handcuffed, starved, trapped in a box, and made to eat cat litter, before he was beaten to death.

The LA county DCFS failed him miserably even though he had an open file and was listed as being at high risk, in addition to the LAPD ignoring what was going on. Both agencies had open investigations with NUMEROUS reports indicating a huge problem from several reliable sources and they did nothing to help this poor child. It's an eye opening look at a terrible system, its failings, and an indictment of all people involved and how they failed at every turn to do the right thing for the most vulnerable part of our populous.

I have 2 children close to his age and it was incredibly tough to watch buyt eye opening as to how terrible the system is and how society is failing to protect our most valuable asset; children.
The people that let him down should burn. Thats crazy, i dont even want to watch that.
Are the mother and bf in jail?

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
GF watched it and started telling me about it after. I made it 10 minutes before I started to cry and I told her to stop. That is one of the worst stories I've ever heard. Sad thing is that it happens probably way more than a person would think.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I saw the preview. Can't watch it. Ever since I've had a kid(s) I don't have the stomach for shows that deal with abuse and/or deaths of kids

oldmachguy

Established Member
For a couple of years my wife and I were managing conservators of two little kids who had gotten in a tough spot. No need for details, you can read between the lines. Thankfully they were adopted by a loving family.

Yesterday I ran into a girl at our apartment complex who's graduating from a local college with a Sociology degree. She said she's going to work with kids and families in the foster home - adoption process. She said that a big part of the degree, and their training, is to prepare them for the gut wrenching stuff they're going to be dealing with. And she knows full well she's not going to be paid jack.

It's been many years since I mentally trashed kids studying for a sociology degree.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
People who harm children deserve the slowest, most painful deaths possible. :mad:

the notion that anything we could inflict upon an evil man would be anything more severe than the punishment delivered from a Holy God is hubris of the highest order.

kill em quick and send them to judgment.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Will have to add this to the list. Sounds like itll be a tough watch.
I bet you won't make it without stepping away for a break or two. I didn't even watch it and I can still feel the chills in my spine right now just typing about it.

Adower

Established Member
I watched part of it. Had to turn it off. How someone could those things to a child is unforgivable.

Users who are viewing this thread