The wheel spacers are done!!!

Kal

Established Member
Hey Undy thanks for the work with those. I've got AFS 10.5s and am running 315 nittos. I'd like to run BFG DRs so I'll take a set of the spacers.

Steve Snake Driver

Established Member
Originally posted by robm
Undy,Looks like a nice job.Could the shop tighten up the tolerances around the lugs? My only other concern is that Mustang wheels are lugcentric--taper seat lug nuts are an indication of this. If the AFS wheels(I have the 10.5"s too) are truely hub as well as lugcentric,we are OK. Keep me posted and on your list. Rob

That's wrong! Mustang wheels are hub centric. I believe the taper on the lug nuts is to keep the steel studs from galling the aluminum wheels. Whatever the reason, the wheels themselves are hub centric.

That said, Undy, put me down for a set of the 7/32 spacers. You accepting paypal? Check? Postal money order?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Any reason aluminum was chosen for the piece?
I understand it is lighter, but is thermal expansion a factor in these hubs like the pulleys and bearing on the engine?
You have steel against aluminum and a brake assembly to create heat.

If you think it isn't significant, I'm satisfied, and I'll take a set.
Put me on the list.

Thanks for your time and effort on these.

Dana

Undy

Established Member
Thanks for all the interest..

I'm still waiting from admin to approve me selling them on the forum. As soon as I receive approval I'll start taking orders.

Dave

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Just a question...wouldn't one want the diameter of the spacer to be the same as the face of the hub?

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Originally posted by Black2003Cobra
Just a question...wouldn't one want the diameter of the spacer to be the same as the face of the hub?
Undy took one of his AFS wheels to the machinist and the guy made the diameter of the spacer the same as the mounting area on the back of the AFS wheel.

Undy

Established Member
Hi all!

Steve has most graciously given me the go ahead to sell the wheel spacers. I know we all will greatly appreciate it. Thanks Steve!! :D

As I mentioned before.. the cost will be $90.00, mailed to your door. I will accept paypal ( please use your checking account, not a credit card, when using Paypal as I'm not registered with Paypal as a business ) I will also take a cashiers check or money order too.

As soon as I receive payment I'll put in the order to the machine shop. I'd like to have a bunch premade but they're just too expensive and it's too risky for me also... so p-l-e-a-s-e be patient. I will provide regular updates from the shop. Email me with all your info ( spacer specs or variances ) including name and shipping address.

My email, including Paypal is: [email protected]

Dave

Last edited:

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Undy, I just tried to email you at the above address, but it was returned as "failed". I'll try a PM.

snakeyes

Established Member
Undy. You rule!!! Those look great. I definitely want a pare and am sending you an e-mail. I am also going to order my wheels tomorrow. Thanks for all your work. Just think you don't have to keep checking your lugs now.

JJ's SVT

Banned
Undy?

You are da man :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Its good to see you contributing to the Cobra community the same way you contributed to the Lightning community. :)

I gotta catch up with you soon and get them two free cold ones . :D :D

Take care and to everyone else that reads this, Undy is a class individual that is only trying to help, he's not trying to pull a Munson.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Undy.

JJ

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Im sorry, is the wheel spacer only necessary for larger (width) that factory wheels?

coleman

Established Member
Undy, one questions, these are made specifically for AFS '03 cobra replica wheels? ... will they fit their 18" variety as well?

i'm hastling with getting either 17" or 18" AFS rims...

SVT ROD

Established Member
Thank for all the research and your efforts Undy...and thanks for the approval Steve.

Undy I'll take a set...is it more for the 1/4 inch variance or the same pricing...

Undy

Established Member
Originally posted by 351MachOne
Im sorry, is the wheel spacer only necessary for larger (width) that factory wheels?

351MachOne,
The spacers were made for a stock 03 wheel as a template. The AFS 10.5s are an exact copy of the factory ones thus the spacers are compatable with either.. hope this helps..
Dave

Undy

Established Member
Originally posted by JJ's SVT
Undy?

You are da man :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Its good to see you contributing to the Cobra community the same way you contributed to the Lightning community. :)

I gotta catch up with you soon and get them two free cold ones . :D :D

Take care and to everyone else that reads this, Undy is a class individual that is only trying to help, he's not trying to pull a Munson.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Undy.

JJ

Hey JJ!! Thanks for the kind words. I'd like to put back into the forum at least half of what I've got out. This place rules!! We've definately got to hook up and tip a couple cool ones on me!
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread