Them silly Mach1 guys are at it again......

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Hey 03ylloguy. Where did you get the hood liner?

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
I am not surprised, they like the car they bought which I respect.

However I have driven both and there is a big difference in power and if it was hard for him to smoke the tires in second something was wrong.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Well as an ex-Mach 1 owner, I can chime in about this. Like many have said before, the Cobra is deceptively fast and smooth with the way the power comes in down low. My Mach seemed like it had more of an initial 'punch' to it at low speeds, but after driving both for a long time and getting track times from both, it's all just a mind game that confuses a lot of people. Once I had my 4.30s, drag radials, and Detroit Locker in the Mach it felt like a beast from a first gear punch and the best it ran at our crappy local 1/8th mile was an 8.5. At the time I thought I could go Cobra hunting (stock Cobras, of course), but it turns out I was wrong also. My Cobra with just the Stingers and FIPK ran a 8.2 on street tires and every time was better than the Machs.....the 60', the 330', etc.

So I can understand where the guy is coming from as far as the power thing is concerned even though it's the wrong idea thinking the Cobra is slower at any speed, but about the IRS being stiff and clutch being heavy.....he needs to re-evaluate his findings or go do some leg work outs, the Cobras clutch is perfect and the IRS rides great. And I'm not sure when the last time ease of chirping second determined how fast a car was :dw: . I guess he forgot to think about the Cobras bigger tires and heavier ass end. :bash:

The Mach guy needs to do some homework before he bashes his 'bigger brothers'. Just my .02 cents.

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
I posted a video of my cobra vs. a 04 mach 1. The results were pretty funny. Its a straight up race. I will post the link later. Not much they can say after watching my vid.

T-04

You know I have never heard of anyone selling/trading in a terminator for a mach 1.

rACeRs

Established Member
My cobra was a total dissapointment when it was stock. My friend has an 03 mach and it was a dead even pull between us. Which doesnt make any sense, 390hp to 305hp. And if you go for a ride in them I would swear that the mach is faster than a stock cobra. I couldnt even spin my tires in first :eek: But we all know the real difference is when you start modding them. The mach's are a bad ass car too. My friends just went 12.90 with x-pipe and catback :rockon: Ive seen many stock and even intake+exhaust cobras go slower than that :uh oh:

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
I have heard a lot of folks who owned 5.0 litre Mustangs and Cobras that say the 5.0 feels alot faster than the 4.6's. They have more low end torque and the do FEEL faster...however, there not. They just provide a more violent take off and feel than the 03/04's do.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
As a former owner of an 03 Mach 1, let me just say that the Cobra is the better performer. It will out accelerate and out handle it everytime. The Mach 1 is an awesome machine, but the Terminator is the ultimate Mustang. :rockon:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
rACeRs said:
My cobra was a total dissapointment when it was stock. My friend has an 03 mach and it was a dead even pull between us. Which doesnt make any sense, 390hp to 305hp. And if you go for a ride in them I would swear that the mach is faster than a stock cobra. I couldnt even spin my tires in first :eek: But we all know the real difference is when you start modding them. The mach's are a bad ass car too. My friends just went 12.90 with x-pipe and catback :rockon: Ive seen many stock and even intake+exhaust cobras go slower than that :uh oh:

That sucks!!! why in the world didn't you pull the shit out of that mach1? 420hp vs. 310-315 hp? not even a comparison. I have driven both ,and the cobra felt ,and is WAY faster, obviously. WHy is there even an argument? CObra=mid 12's stock, mach=mid-low 13's stock, when modding begins, mach 1 gets destroyed. I cnat believe there are still arguments about this.. the cars have been out 2 years now, you guys should know this by now!!!! :mj:

Mach1x03x

Established Member
Ok as a 2003 Mach 1 Owner, I just want to say a few of my opinons real quick

1. I own a 2003 Mach 1 That is For SALE (To get a Cobra)
2. I have raced cobras. I bet them off the line and thats all
3. I love the heritage of a Mach 1 but when i look at a cobra somthing just glows I meen its majical mystical and powerfull

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Justin Blake said:
Hell no, why would you?

HotRodHarry did, I'm pretty sure. He traded his DSG '03 for a Zinc Yellow Mach, but then he missed his Cobra and traded the Mach in on a Zinc Yellow '03 Cobra w/ chromies and no spoiler. :banana:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Bah, how can you take anyone seriously when they say stupid things like this:

Cobra power is crazy, but ditch the blower and you have a 14 sec(?) car . Add nothing but a blower to the mach, high 10-low 11 sec car!

Let them live in thier own fantasy world, and I'll live here in reality.

Reality is both are awesome cars, but the edge definitely goes to the Cobra, stock for stock, and when you start modding, well there is no comparison.

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Quote:
Cobra power is crazy, but ditch the blower and you have a 14 sec(?) car . Add nothing but a blower to the mach, high 10-low 11 sec car!

Geez, Add a blower to the mach with 10:1 compression and stock crappy pistons and rods and see what happens. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread