Them silly Mach1 guys are at it again......

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
Ford said it themselves.....03/04 Cobra the most powerful production Mustang EVER......that's why it's called the terminator...it terminates all others!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
swens04cobra said:
What a waste of a discussion...Its like politics and with that these kind of discussions will only make enemys and never amount to anything. You'll never convince most people that what they have..ie..cobra, mach 1, Z06 or a Honda civic that their car is not as good or fast as somebody else's. We are just "spinning our wheels" and this discussion will NEVER end...not w/o blood! Let this thread die!
You are 100% spot on and spoken like a veteran. LOL! Time to let this thread die. ;-)

Romans8:28

Established Member
CobraBob said:
You are 100% spot on and spoken like a veteran. LOL! Time to let this thread die. ;-)

Come on Cobra Bob........ this thread was lots of fun ;)

I still contend that alot of Mach owners are left handed LOL

03cobra#116

Established Member
SublimeRT said:
Well as an ex-Mach 1 owner, I can chime in about this. Like many have said before, the Cobra is deceptively fast and smooth with the way the power comes in down low. My Mach seemed like it had more of an initial 'punch' to it at low speeds, but after driving both for a long time and getting track times from both, it's all just a mind game that confuses a lot of people. Once I had my 4.30s, drag radials, and Detroit Locker in the Mach it felt like a beast from a first gear punch and the best it ran at our crappy local 1/8th mile was an 8.5. At the time I thought I could go Cobra hunting (stock Cobras, of course), but it turns out I was wrong also. My Cobra with just the Stingers and FIPK ran a 8.2 on street tires and every time was better than the Machs.....the 60', the 330', etc.

So I can understand where the guy is coming from as far as the power thing is concerned even though it's the wrong idea thinking the Cobra is slower at any speed, but about the IRS being stiff and clutch being heavy.....he needs to re-evaluate his findings or go do some leg work outs, the Cobras clutch is perfect and the IRS rides great. And I'm not sure when the last time ease of chirping second determined how fast a car was :dw: . I guess he forgot to think about the Cobras bigger tires and heavier ass end. :bash:

The Mach guy needs to do some homework before he bashes his 'bigger brothers'. Just my .02 cents.

I think there was a change in the stock clutch sometime after the first run. My first run Cobra has a very stiff clutch. Sometime later Ford lightened the pressure.

03ZincRcode

Established Member
why are all you guys bashing the mach1? we are all in this together, like one big family. the mach 1 is a great car, with plenty of power, (330-340 hp). sure its not like the 03-04 cobra, but from stoplight to stoplight, the mach would give the cobra a good run for its money. Just ask MM&FF. Quote ( In an impromptu stoplight acceleration contest versus the cobra, the mach nearly beat the more powerful snake. The SVT's independent rear wheel hopped badly on launch, giving the mach a big lead. Once the axle windup stopped and you could feed the cobra full steam, it caught up and went ahead by a fender. But it sure took a while) end quote.

and besides, the mach 1 did win the Ultimate Mustang Shootout, which had the 03 cobra in it. (April 04' issue of MM&FF)

Romans8:28

Established Member
03ZincRcode said:
why are all you guys bashing the mach1? we are all in this together, like one big family. the mach 1 is a great car, with plenty of power, (330-340 hp). sure its not like the 03-04 cobra, but from stoplight to stoplight, the mach would give the cobra a good run for its money. Just ask MM&FF. Quote ( In an impromptu stoplight acceleration contest versus the cobra, the mach nearly beat the more powerful snake. The SVT's independent rear wheel hopped badly on launch, giving the mach a big lead. Once the axle windup stopped and you could feed the cobra full steam, it caught up and went ahead by a fender. But it sure took a while) end quote.

and besides, the mach 1 did win the Ultimate Mustang Shootout, which had the 03 cobra in it. (April 04' issue of MM&FF)

LOL............ left handed by chance?

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
03ZincRcode said:

Just remember..in that quote from MM FF...its the convertible Cobra they tested ...with the Mach 1 and the Mustang GT...I have the video.

With the coupe 03 Cobra..MM FF turned some 12.40 to 12.70 times all day long.

Again...I love both cars....and even the GT Mustang from 03 and 04. They all are great cars in their own right. Ford helped us Mustang Nuts out alot in the last few years.

Rootus

BANNED
Established Member
03cobra#116 said:
I think there was a change in the stock clutch sometime after the first run. My first run Cobra has a very stiff clutch. Sometime later Ford lightened the pressure.
I think you're right. I just had my clutch replaced under warranty last week, and the new one is considerably lighter than the original.

Dave

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Yep..you are correct...my dads first run cobra's clutch is big time hard to push in compared to my first 2nd run 03 Dark Shadow Cobra and my Zinc Yellow I have now.

03ZincRcode

Established Member
HotRodHarry said:
Just remember..in that quote from MM FF...its the convertible Cobra they tested ...with the Mach 1 and the Mustang GT...I have the video.

With the coupe 03 Cobra..MM FF turned some 12.40 to 12.70 times all day long.

Again...I love both cars....and even the GT Mustang from 03 and 04. They all are great cars in their own right. Ford helped us Mustang Nuts out alot in the last few years.

is that video worth getting? i have been wanting to see it. does it have alot of action, or just mostly talking? and i agree, they are all killer cars.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Yes....its worth getting......alot of good info...real nice shot of all the cars....I enjoyed 100% !

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Romans8:28 said:
Come on Cobra Bob........ this thread was lots of fun ;)

I still contend that alot of Mach owners are left handed LOL
Ok! Let's continue it. :-D J.K.

Last edited:

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
I would LOVE to have a terminator, but I couldn't afford it so I went with the Mach. The terminator is an AWESOME machine. However, that video posted on this thread is bogus. Either A. The Cobra is VERY modded or B. the Mach 1 let off after it started losing. When all I had was flow master mufflers and my friend Justin had an '04 terminator we raced quite often. It was no where near that bad. One time I got the jump on him from a roll at around 70 mph and he did not catch me until about 125 mph. It was a small jump, I put a half a car length on him at most. He had an LS1 owner riding shot gun who couldn't believe how good I could keep up. Before you go and say the Cobra owner can't drive, he ran a 12.65 bone stock which isn't too bad. He now has pullies and K&N filter and he has a best of like 11.77 now. But even with that he doesn't beat me no where near as bad as the Mach got beat in that video. We have a video of us racing from a dig and you can see us going off into the distance and we're so close that you can't even tell who's winning. I'll see if I can get the video from the guy who took it. He was driving a twin turbo Supra and couldn't keep up with either of us :beer:

'03

Established Member
This thread was a waste of time reading. It seams I'm one of the few here who actually have the right to compare one vs the other since I've owned both. Those who bash either car without owning it are just ignorant and childish. Be happy with what you got and let this thread die already.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
[QUOTE='03]This thread was a waste of time reading. It seams I'm one of the few here who actually have the right to compare one vs the other since I've owned both. Those who bash either car without owning it are just ignorant and childish. Be happy with what you got and let this thread die already.[/QUOTE]

I agree.......

HotRod(owned 1 2003 Mach 1 5speed and 3 2003 Cobra Mustangs)Harry

Captain Beyond

Established Member
HotRodHarry said:
I agree.......

HotRod(owned 1 2003 Mach 1 5speed and 3 2003 Cobra Mustangs)Harry

Me too. I've owned an 03 Torch Red 5 speed Mach 1 that I sold for the Terminator. :thumbsup:

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
So when can we pick on the bullitt guys :poke: ?lol

Like it has been said before Ford has made some great mustangs in the last few years I am just proud to have an american muscle car that is fun to drive, looks good and gets noticed :rockon:
Can I still order, I'll take a Rolling Rock.

Users who are viewing this thread