Them silly Mach1 guys are at it again......

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
Yellow98SVT said:
I have heard a lot of folks who owned 5.0 litre Mustangs and Cobras that say the 5.0 feels alot faster than the 4.6's. They have more low end torque and the do FEEL faster...however, there not. They just provide a more violent take off and feel than the 03/04's do.

Take a ride in a Terminator with 3.90s or 4.10s for a violent take-off, especially with DRs. :-D

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
OCSnk,

I like your style. You and several other members hit the nail on the head. It's a great time to be a Mustang guy. I had an 89 GT (auto) as my first car, I got a 93 LX under invoice as the SN95 rolled in (which I hated at the time), I got a used 95 Cobra 4 years later (one of my all time favorite cars), I sold the 95 Cobra for a 01 Lightning (and I still love it), and I recently bought a 04 Cobra for my wife (which I'm jealous as hell).

I remember the days where 13.5's with bolt-ons was fast. It's a good thing that we have insanely fast naturally aspirated Mach-1's and even faster Cobras.

We are all Mustang guys and enjoy the same thing. Please quit bitching and acting like riceboys. I can't believe that we offended a WS6 owner...........I think I feel sick. :xpl:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Guys,

I didn't go back and read all this thread, so I hope I don't cover something that has already been covered.

These guys are not bashing the Cobra's. I surfed around the site a bit, and it is actually a pretty good site. They are just happy with thier cars, just like we are, that's all.

Mach1's are great cars, after-all, they are part of the Mustang family. :beer:

Romans8:28

Established Member
Grey03Cobra said:
Guys,

I didn't go back and read all this thread, so I hope I don't cover something that has already been covered.

These guys are not bashing the Cobra's. I surfed around the site a bit, and it is actually a pretty good site. They are just happy with thier cars, just like we are, that's all.

Mach1's are great cars, after-all, they are part of the Mustang family. :beer:

As the thread starter......... allow me to further explain my observations:

I read the Mach site all the time (was going to buy the Mach at one time).
It’s not so much out right "bashing" its much more subtle. Here is a thread for example where they "discuss the cars looks":

Cobra looks

Here is a thread on the looks also:

Just another Mustang

This one is on power:

Mach performance over Cobra

Heres on very long and painful (cuts both ways) but it reveals alot about the mindset I am refering to:

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=23942&highlight=cobra

Again its not so much outright "bashing" just all tthe "left handed compliments" that goes on............. heck even in this very thread here:

"Let me start off by saying I know the cobra is the faster car without a doubt but....I think a few of you are underestimating the mach, with a decent driver and playing to the Mach's strengths you can beat a stock or very lightly modded cobra. I have some bolt on's on my car like x-pipe, cat back, CAI,gears and a tune and my car only makes 304 RWHP but I have run 12.36@111 and have beaten several cobra's on and off the track. I have yet to lose to one but that's only because I have raced stock or amost stock cobras from the dig, I know for a fact that I will get my a$$ handed to me if we go from a roll."

He starts off with the "Cobra is faster BUT".............. He goes on to explain just how easy you can beat a Cobra with the "Mach strengths".......... and he has "yet to lose to one", but he does concede he would "lose from a roll"

LOL left handed compliments....... gotta love em

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Romans8:28 said:
As the thread starter......... allow me to further explain my observations:

I read the Mach site all the time (was going to buy the Mach at one time).
It’s not so much out right "bashing" its much more subtle. Here is a thread for example where they "discuss the cars looks":

Please just stop. You sound like a politician whining about what the other side said....and you make svtp look like the little brother who keeps yelling for mom when big brother sticks his tongue out at lil bro. "MOM! MACH 1's TOUCHING MEEE! MAKE HIM STOP!!!"

Who cares if they 'left hand compliment us'? What do you expect from them? The machs are easy 12 second cars w/ bolt ons so do you really expect them to walk around saying how much superior our cars are all the time? Hell no. They are proud of their mach just like we are proud of our cobra.

Let's go back to the ricer boards and dig up some shit we can actually laugh at. :pepper:

Last edited:

Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
Please just stop. You sound like a politician whining about what the other side said....and you make svtp look like the little brother who keeps yelling for mom when big brother sticks his tongue out at lil bro. "MOM! MACH 1's TOUCHING MEEE! MAKE HIM STOP!!!"

Who cares if they 'left hand compliment us'? What do you expect from them? The machs are easy 12 second cars w/ bolt ons so do you really expect them to walk around saying how much superior our cars are all the time? Hell no. They are proud of their mach just like we are proud of our cobra.

Let's go back to the ricer boards and dig up some shit we can actually laugh at. :pepper:

I was simply explaining what I was basing my observation on..........
I don't "expect" anyone to credit the Cobra above their own vehicle, but I do find it amusing to read about how they reach their conclusions.

Besides this is a forum FOR DISCUSSING CARS, specifically the Terminator. What is unappropriate about pointing out discussions that center around the Cobra in another forum?

I would also appreciate if you "stop" telling me what "I should do"........... to me your the one running around whinning (about what I am saying or not saying). Talk about pots, kettles, and the color black LOL..........

This is just a internet discussion forum, don't get so serious (you will live longer with less stress)

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
SublimeRT said:
So I can understand where the guy is coming from as far as the power thing is concerned even though it's the wrong idea thinking the Cobra is slower at any speed, but about the IRS being stiff and clutch being heavy.....he needs to re-evaluate his findings or go do some leg work outs, the Cobras clutch is perfect and the IRS rides great. And I'm not sure when the last time ease of chirping second determined how fast a car was :dw: . I guess he forgot to think about the Cobras bigger tires and heavier ass end. :bash:

The Mach guy needs to do some homework before he bashes his 'bigger brothers'. Just my .02 cents.

Chirping second? Hell, anytime I hit second hard she jumps sideways with 60+ feet of rubber. I'm not sure I could just "chirp" second in this thing. :bored:

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Well, I guess people have different interpretations of bashing because I don't really see any in those thread's.
Cobra's suck or the Cobra is a POS, that would be bashing in my opinion.

KappaRaider

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
The only reason I'm posting this is about the remark about pulling the blower and I know this topic will get linked. I won't beat up a Ford product. If you (well most) are driving a Ford you are OK in my book. There are plenty of jerk 03 owners and several are on this board. All you have to do is read their garbage. In fact I would say a Mach owner is probably more of a Ford fan than most 03 owners because they didn't buy it for big power, they bought it for style. A lot of people that bought 03/04 Cobras did not because they were Ford fans, Mustang fans or Cobra or SVT fans. They bought it for the reputation and would just have easily have bought a 350Z if it had 400 HP. I owned 99 and 01 Cobras and the class of Cobra owners has dropped dramatically since the 03's came out. There will always be turds. I get more waves from F-Bodies than I do SN-95 owners. I have had my 03 since June of 02 car no. 21 of all coupes and it has been in a total of three street races. The last just a few weeks ago. After I ran this guy I kicked myself all the way home for doing it.

There are two SVT dealers on the interstate near my home within 10 miles of each other. I was coming home from one when I came up on the exit from the other. I was in the left hand lane following a couple of cars when this red Mustang comes flying off the on ramp. I don't tailgate. We were running about 70 mph and I was about 6-7 cars behind the guy ahead of me. I thought the Mustang was a GT at first. When he got on the interstae he ran right up the ass of the guy in the righ hand lane. Then all of a sudden he jerked it right in front of me and scared the piss out of me. I had to jam on the brakes just to keep my bumper off his ass. That pissed me off enough but then he started weaving back and forth and eye balling me in the rear view mirror. I was like WTF. He kept eyeballing me and showing his ass he didn't realize we had cleared the cars on the right so I dropped to forth and gave him a taste of 500 rwhp for a couple of seconds as I shot around him and the other cars in the left lane. I looked back and here he came. I had to pass some more cars in the right hand lane and I was going to just let him pass but he came up my ass so hard as i got over I said damn'it, he's going to get it. The road was flat, straight and clear for two miles. I slammed it to fourth just as he got to my rear bumper and walked him like no tomorrow. I laid about five Greyhounds on him to 150. I know it wasn't fair but ask and ye shall receive once and awhile from me.

There aint no Mach going to run 10's with a blower and last more than a day. Remember the Mach with the Vortech that was in MT and a few other mags. In fact, the owner got on this board and boasted quite a bit if I remember in a similar topic. A few days later he blew it up. I'll take my plain ol' 03 Cobra. It has a KB now with 615 rwhp and it'll run 10's easily next spring.

Damn! That post gave me goosebumps! I gotta go drive my car now! :rockon:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Romans8:28 said:
I was simply explaining what I was basing my observation on..........
I don't "expect" anyone to credit the Cobra above their own vehicle, but I do find it amusing to read about how they reach their conclusions.

Besides this is a forum FOR DISCUSSING CARS, specifically the Terminator. What is unappropriate about pointing out discussions that center around the Cobra in another forum?

I would also appreciate if you "stop" telling me what "I should do"........... to me your the one running around whinning (about what I am saying or not saying). Talk about pots, kettles, and the color black LOL..........

This is just a internet discussion forum, don't get so serious (you will live longer with less stress)

Thanks for the tip there Dr. Phil. I will keep that in mind. :rolleyes:
As far as whining, I don't think I was in my post. I was replying to you because, judging by your mile long post and four links included, you have not yet figured out that no one really cares if a mach 1 guy says "my car will beat cobras w/ this and this and this mod". What do you suggest we do, Phil? Go beat them up?

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Fock both Mach1s and Terminators. Mustang GTs are by far the best. Bring it!

J/k

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
RUgoinup? said:
MM&FF dynoed a Cobra motor w/o the blower, and it still made more than 300hp.

I'll try to find the article.

The 03 cobra without the blower will probably be under 300hp because it has less compression then the 01 motors and those cars were rated 320... So I would say 290 would be a safe estimate :poke:

MAC[H]Z

Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:

LOL, nuff said...

adamb258

Established Member
LOL

Someone please shut this thread down. We BOTH have amazing cars. just enjoy them who cares what everyone else says. I LOVE cobras and I LOVE mach's I am a Mustang enthusiast not a Mach 1 enthusiast, and I bet most of you cobra guys are the same way. So lets jut quit the bickering

Established Member
Ironically enough I was as set to buy the Mach myself and the deal fell through.....

I loves Mach's myself........

Here is another way to look at what I am trying to explain, go read some threads where the 05 GT guys are claiming to be equal performance wise (in some cases superior) to the Mach 1 and then check out the response from the Mach faithful

Again, for the record its not bashing so much as "talking down the finer points" its justifying why one car is a better choice at the expense of another.

Thanks,

Dr. Phil

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
This will go on for many years to come.....

Stock Mach 1's with kickass drivers will turn 13.teens at 105 mph on a low sealevel track with good weather and track conditions.

Stock Cobra Coupes with kickass drivers will turn 12.fiftys at 112 mph on a low sealevel track with good weather and track conditions.

Mod for mod..Cobra's will always be faster...yes..the Supercharger and strong bottom end are always going to be better in the long run.

And yes...I owned both and still drive an 03 Mach 1 from time to time...I like them alot!!

Ford gave us some incredible cars...thankyou Ford!!

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
rACeRs said:
My cobra was a total dissapointment when it was stock. My friend has an 03 mach and it was a dead even pull between us. Which doesnt make any sense, 390hp to 305hp.

It ain't the Cobra......you just don't know how to drive it.

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
merfsiu said:
That was with an aftermarket set of cams, FAST EMS, headers, no AC, no power steering pump and a 01 cobra intake.

Your are mistaken about the cams. The article you refer to is actually in the October issue of M&FF entitled "Three C Performance", page 180.

In the November issue, there is an article entitled "Mods for 4V Mods, Part 1" where the testers take an '03 crate engine and experiment with various mods. In "Part 2", on page 163, the engine "developed 370 hp at 6,000 rpm and 377 lb-ft of torque at 4,900 rpm".

You are correct about the rest of the mods.

socomnarc

Established Member
This might be coming in a little late but Im new to the Mustang world and am in the current process of purchasing a Mustang. Being winter and all, I have 3 to 4 months of research to do. What I dont understand is the bashing among Mustang owners.
Are we not all on the same team?
What ever happened to the other domestic enemies? Not to mention those "few"
imports out there that pose a threat to the muscle community.
Here I thought I was going to purchase a 2003 Mach 1 and be accepted into the
brotherhood of Mustang owners. I've waited many many years to finally get this car and all that comes with it. To be a part of the "family".
To each their own tastes, but come on, they're all still MUSTANGS!!!!!!
Except them 6 cyl. things those are just "fords":)
In closing I hope I can ask upon the SVT community for help with my Mach 1 if needs be. Or any other mustang forum for that matter.
I like Cobras but the market value is too high for the mileage over the Mach 1
03 Mach 1s are cheaper than 01 cobras which have conciderable amont of less miles on them. 03 04 Cobras are mmmmmm yummy but too expencive compared to the Mach 1. So as far as 01 cobra to 03 Mach its gotta to be the Mach.
But I have no problem in being the 03 04 Cobras little brother.
You know what I mean.?
Thats just my opinion.
Nothin but love for the pony!

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread