These are the new Shelby Mustangs that will be unveiled in Detroit

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
one of them looks like it has black alcoa rims??? could be a hurst maybe? but since its shelby i would agree a gt350 might be one of them, maybe a new KR?

God im so obsessed with the 2013....january of 2013 the countdown for me has begun

bumplime

Established Member
DETROIT (WXYZ) - Shelby American has unveiled two customized Mustangs designed to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Shelby brand.
The GT 350 and the GT 500 Super Snake will only come in two colors, Black and Performance White. Both cars will also come in limited production runs of 50 black with gold stripes and 50 white with gold stripes. Both will also be available as a coupe or convertible.
Only a total of 300 vehicles will be produced with the 50th anniversary packages.*
The cars will come with the unique and exclusive features that set Shelby apart from other sports car customizers.
The GT 350 will come with a Shelby/Ford Racing/Whipple 525 horsepower supercharged engine.
The GT 500 Super Snake will also come with the Shelby/Ford Racing/Whipple engine, but its power plant is designed to put out 725 horsepower. With the supercharger, the GT 500 Super Snake is expected to hit 800 horsepower.
In addition to the normal Shelby touches, the GT 500 Super Snake will also feature a number of additional options, including a special rear suspension, stereo upgrades and a performance cooling package.
Both vehicles will have a standard MSRP of $59,995. That does not include the price of the vehicle.

IMO Shelby completely missed it with the color options.

The black wheels/car look doesn't go well with the gold stripes either.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
DETROIT (WXYZ) - Shelby American has unveiled two customized Mustangs designed to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Shelby brand.
The GT 350 and the GT 500 Super Snake will only come in two colors, Black and Performance White. Both cars will also come in limited production runs of 50 black with gold stripes and 50 white with gold stripes. Both will also be available as a coupe or convertible.
Only a total of 300 vehicles will be produced with the 50th anniversary packages.*
The cars will come with the unique and exclusive features that set Shelby apart from other sports car customizers.
The GT 350 will come with a Shelby/Ford Racing/Whipple 525 horsepower supercharged engine.
The GT 500 Super Snake will also come with the Shelby/Ford Racing/Whipple engine, but its power plant is designed to put out 725 horsepower. With the supercharger, the GT 500 Super Snake is expected to hit 800 horsepower.
In addition to the normal Shelby touches, the GT 500 Super Snake will also feature a number of additional options, including a special rear suspension, stereo upgrades and a performance cooling package.
Both vehicles will have a standard MSRP of $59,995. That does not include the price of the vehicle.

IMO Shelby completely missed it with the color options.

The black wheels/car look doesn't go well with the gold stripes either.

if i could get those black wheels for my grabber blue 2013 ill be happy lol

kent1

Established Member
The white car and gold stripes look sexy and cool. I also like the black wheels, it makes the car stand out. But for a price tag of $60,000, it is just outrageous! Just my thought.

Last edited:

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
Ford quit selling mustangs to regular joe car guys a long time ago. Since that demographic is pretty much out of work and barely getting by, they are going after the only market with the means to afford $60k cars... I guess when they have 600hp, carbon fiber bodies, and paddle shift transmissions, and cost $100k, people will still believe it's a smoking deal next to a $200k Ferrari.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Ford quit selling mustangs to regular joe car guys a long time ago. Since that demographic is pretty much out of work and barely getting by, they are going after the only market with the means to afford $60k cars... I guess when they have 600hp, carbon fiber bodies, and paddle shift transmissions, and cost $100k, people will still believe it's a smoking deal next to a $200k Ferrari.

The 28k brand new mustang gt premium with 400hp and as fast at the 03/04 gift to the common does not work? I dont understand your logic?

35k 390 hp mustang svt is for the common man and the 412 hp 35k(msrp) mustang gt is not for the common man?:uh oh:

Basically your upset because the top mustang can not be purchased by some high schooler that works at best buy anymore!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
The 28k brand new mustang gt premium with 400hp and as fast at the 03/04 gift to the common does not work? I dont understand your logic?

35k 390 hp mustang svt is for the common man and the 412 hp 35k(msrp) mustang gt is not for the common man?:uh oh:

Basically your upset because the top mustang can not be purchased by some high schooler that works at best buy anymore!

i like logic that includes numbers!

Users who are viewing this thread