These cars are HOT

bpmurr

Established Member
The R is a lot closer to 500 time in the 1320 than many realize. 11.7 is not slow! What was the 13 500: 11.5 or 11.6?

When we get a stock R on video running 11.7 I'll believe it. Until then it's just rumors from a company that didn't feel confident enough to release performance data on their product.

krt22

Established Member
When we get a stock R on video running 11.7 I'll believe it. Until then it's just rumors from a company that didn't feel confident enough to release performance data on their product.
When was the last time ford released 1/4 mile data on a car? I dont ever recall seeing it in recent releases

BlownAway03

Established Member
If it doesn't blow smoke up your ass by stepping on the accelerator and not moving forward it's worthless to him. So to him seat of pants feel in a hellcat, 13 500, tt v12's by several manufacturers is all that matters.

Those who have driven it give it more compliments than the c7z. Better feel more driver auto relationship that people get with very few cars. Blown's ego cares less about the drive and more about raw power and under msrp dollars. You can see he cared so much about the bargain basement c7 he purchased.

You're hilarious. I don't care what compliments have been given. One common also is that the 350 underwhelming in the torque department. That's what we feel when driving right? I don't see why you have to make personal jabs as well as dumb jabs at the far superior C7 platform. I sold my car to get a Z06 later. The same Z06 that ran a lap 4 seconds faster than the mighty 350R at the NCM track. I have nothing against this car, Ford, you, or Ford dealerships. But at the end of the day the GT350 amd GT350R are track cars, but with engineering compromises. Vettes are purpose built and offer better value for what you pay. Ford still cut corners with the 350, like all the specialty Stangs. Like why are vendors still having to cure wheelhop on this car? Why did Ford not use proper aluminum suspension components to save a little more weight? And lastly, it's 2015 so where's the direct injection? I mean a Hellcat gets better mpg than this car. I've averaged 32 in my C7 over a 200 mile trip before. People can say it's a sports car blah blah, mpg doesn't matter. But the technology is there now. No reason not to do better. Flame on.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're hilarious. I don't care what compliments have been given. One common also is that the 350 underwhelming in the torque department. That's what we feel when driving right? I don't see why you have to make personal jabs as well as dumb jabs at the far superior C7 platform. I sold my car to get a Z06 later. The same Z06 that ran a lap 4 seconds faster than the mighty 350R at the NCM track. I have nothing against this car, Ford, you, or Ford dealerships. But at the end of the day the GT350 amd GT350R are track cars, but with engineering compromises. Vettes are purpose built and offer better value for what you pay. Ford still cut corners with the 350, like all the specialty Stangs. Like why are vendors still having to cure wheelhop on this car? Why did Ford not use proper aluminum suspension components to save a little more weight? And lastly, it's 2015 so where's the direct injection? I mean a Hellcat gets better mpg than this car. I've averaged 32 in my C7 over a 200 mile trip before. People can say it's a sports car blah blah, mpg doesn't matter. But the technology is there now. No reason not to do better. Flame on.
Eh, I could hit 30mpgs in my 14 GT500 at 65 mph.

BlownAway03

Established Member

Car and Driver ran a 12.5 in a non R. I'd say typical drivers will see between that and 13.0. And funny people love to say oh its not built for drag racing. But I remember this forum bashing the hell out of the C7Z early on for its drag racing and highway pulls. I think most will say it's not built for drag racing. But really what car is. None are really built for drag racing unless we're talking Cobra Jet type vehicles. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are the car enthusiast standard for gauging acceleration. Those are the activities most of us can engage in if we desire. None of us can deny that. And to me a 12.5 doesn't warrant markup pricing. This thread is fun. I really do like the GT350 but think some people are creaming themselves way too much over it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You must've been down hill in neutral. I had a 13 GT500 and no way under any circumstance would it reach 30mpg. Partly the reason I sold it. I couldn't pass a gas station without needing to stop.
You're kidding, right? The very first time I drove it I averaged 25.7mpgs for 25 miles...I thought I was driving a Fusion.

BlownAway03

Established Member
You're kidding, right? The very first time I drove it I averaged 25.7mpgs for 25 miles...I thought I was driving a Fusion.

Not kidding. I think the most I ever averaged for any length of time was around 18mpg. Maybe something was wrong with mine. It was a beauty though.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Forgot to post this today.

ebf462c0d12d3e0b3ccad41117380ebd.jpg

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Funny! Both of you.

Heat soak issues are better than 400lbs torque? You probably hate the 458/430/scud/997GT3RS as well. No torque.

Users who are viewing this thread