These cars get respect

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Yesterday I brought my car to a shop to discuss some custom interior work. Outside was the usual assortment of high-roller Mercs., BMW's, Hummers etc.
The owner comes outside & spends no less than 1/2 hour talking about the job, but mostly how cool the Cobra is.

Now he might just be a good businessman & does this with everyone, but his interest in the car seemed genuine. When you think that the car was..BY FAR..the cheapest car on site, & probably he has cars with more than the COST of our cars...in accessories...it really blew me away.

Anybody have any similar experiences, beyond the usual.."nice car" remarks?

Woodsrat

Established Member
Yes, people really like these cars, and it goes across all age groups and income levels. I can watch the truck drivers checking the car out as I pass, and hear them make positive comments on the CB. I've had several Smokeys write me up for 20-30 mph less than what I was doing, or let me go with a simple speeding ticket after clocking me at arresting speeds. Even the tellers at my bank (guys and girls) tell me they love the car.

Sheffism

Heathen
Established Member
Everybody knows mine

Whitin 8 Sq. blocks of where I work everyone knows who's car it is. The lawn maintenance guys even come in the store to let me know they are going to cut the grass so I can move it. R-E-S-P-E-C-T :coolman:

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Become a regular at Sonic drive-thru in your Cobra and soon enough you start getting special service and treats from car-hops.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
PonyFever said:
Become a regular at Sonic drive-thru in your Cobra and soon enough you start getting special service and treats from car-hops.
Define "special service and treats" from car hops. :banana:

Last edited:

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
yep, pretty popular at car shows too! they attract a lot of attention and even more dumb questions.but the real car guys and gals do give them respect

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
When I was driving my car everyday, people on the freeway would always drive up next to me and check out my car. I also get a lot of kids that say, "Wow, a Cobra!" Of course I get the occasional guy that wants me to get on it so he can hear it, too. Thankfully no one has got into an accident checking out my car in busy traffic. Mine looks pretty much stock, too.

03cobraracer

Established Member
i met up with a bunch of friends at a diner near raceway park in jersey yesterday before we headed to the track, we had 2 mach 1's, and 4 cobras sitting in the parking lot and the waitress comes over and says, "whos got the blue one" i replied me and she says wow it is so beautiful, can i have it? hahah i was like no u cant, but thanks for the compliment..lol but everybody within 10 miles of where i live knows my car, specially the ones i have smoked on the highway..lol havent lost a race around here yet....

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
When I was at the track a few weeks ago I had a ricer say that he wished he had a fast car as he just stood there staring at the supercharger.

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Good taste

03cobraracer said:
"whos got the blue one" i replied me and she says wow it is so beautiful,....

That's probably the REAL reason the guy was so pumped about my car....I was just being polite to those of you who chose the...WRONG ...color. :poke:

BenD

Established Member
Lucky you live elsewhere

No one in Colo. Spgs., gives a rats ass about anything, let alone a car.

No one speaks to anyone no matter what line you happen to be standing in. It may be in a grocery line, post office, waiting for tickets at an event, it's just a fact of life here. it's the damndest thing. It's not always the case, but it's sure in the high 98 percentile range.

When someone does speak to you or ask a question, 9 times out of ten they are NOT from here! That's the first thing I ask them, "you evidently are not from here" and the reply is always, "how did you know. It wasn't like that back in the 50's and 60's, but it sure the hell is now.

Last edited:

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
What kind of interior work are you having done?From what I've found only mustang fans know whats up around here. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread