They ARE Listening

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
If everyone threw these dumb ****ing phones away and went back to pc's and flip phones the world would have a lot less problems
It goes beyond the phones.
I use my pc when on here and ads pop on the sidebar after I do a search for different stuff. I blame Goggle and all those big tech companies. They track our every move as well as the government.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I use my pc when on here and ads pop on the sidebar after I do a search for different stuff. I blame Goggle and all those big tech companies. They track our every move as well as the government.
I use DuckDuckGo and ad blockers. I do not get "pop ups".

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

You're premium but I don't use ad blocker on here to keep the revenue going. Get some funny shit some times though. Wonder if it's basing it off the joke I make on here which are "assorted" to say the least.

quad

Established Member
Surfing SVTP talking to the wife about how the mother in law's septic failed inspection. 60 seconds later I got Gopher State One Call before you dig ads on the sidebar.

LOL, as I am typing this I got them popping again! Gah!

Kinda creepy how much they track us.
Yeah I've had that happen also. Talked to my wife in the kitchen about some dish. There's an Ecobee 4 thermostat in the dining area near the kitchen and it has Alexa built-in. Later in the bedroom a recipe for that dish flashes on the screen on my Echo Spot Alarm which also has Alexa built-in!

I do like the convenience though of talking to set the alarm, change the AC or furnace temps, answer trivia questions or basic stuff like multiplying complex numbers etc. I can also tell it to start playing music and turn on lamps in the house. I have smart plug devices that can be added as a "skill" to the Alexa system and anything plugged into those devices can be turned on and off by voice command. You can call them anything you want and it will recognize the devices. I've even been able to pause videos on my Nvidia Shield or turn off the TV via the Echo Spot. But it all depends on how well the other devices and their software are integrated into the Alexa system so it is sometimes glitchy. But I do see a future where you can just talk to the house and do anything you want without lifting a finger.

quad

Established Member
In my case they're like holy shit that guy is a pervert!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I refuse to use Google unless it's an absolute necessity. DuckDuckGo is my go-to search engine/app. I won't even use Chrome except on my business PC! Safari only on my MacBook Pro. I'm a Beta tester for Apple's upcoming macOS Big Sur and the new (and awesome) Safari.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
If an algorithm could puke, it would be face down in the toilet after analyzing my browsing.

MFE

Established Member
If everyone threw these dumb ****ing phones away and went back to pc's and flip phones the world would have a lot less problems

There's also your browsing history, your search history, and there's also a good chance you own a TV that's being used to sell your viewing history to people who can use it to target advertising to you across every other device they're confident can be mapped to you.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am very anti technology when it comes to the "Siri", "Alexa" or smart TV, smart phone. The type of stuff that tracks or "listens" to what you say. No You Tube, No Facebook, No Twitter, No Google, No Internet Explorer. I turned off the voice and visual commands on my Samsung TV. Blocked the lens on the top of the TV. My wife has a "Portal" to talk to the kids, but it is only plugged in when she makes a call, otherwise it is unplugged and put in the closet. My cell phone is also a Samsung device. At work it sits next to a speaker playing music all day, so it can not "hear" what I say. I turn it off at night and put it somewhere out of sight/sound from the bedroom. Sometimes I even forget to take it to work. I hate the idea that my words are being tracked or listened to.
This translates to automobiles as well. I have never paired a phone in my car. I turned off auto door locks, auto headlamps ect. If I want the lights on or a door locked, well, by God, I will be the one to turn it on. I hate TPMS.
I grew up before cell phones, computers and internet. Hell, when I was real young, TV was 3 channels and in black and white. I am "Old School". Lol I am used to doing for myself, not relying on devices to do for me.
Ha!

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member

LOL, wouldn't make any difference. They are listening through your computer microphone, or your TV mic, or your Alexa, etc, etc, plus tracking every movement, plus capturing every email and text. Let's be real, the powers-that-be (both corp and Fed) must be absolutely delighted to have this total surveillance ability to listen and track everyone, in real time, all the time. They will NEVER willingly give up that power, it's too late.

PC03GT

Established Member
LOL, wouldn't make any difference. They are listening through your computer microphone, or your TV mic, or your Alexa, etc, etc, plus tracking every movement, plus capturing every email and text. Let's be real, the powers-that-be (both corp and Fed) must be absolutely delighted to have this total surveillance ability to listen and track everyone, in real time, all the time. They will NEVER willingly give up that power, it's too late.
Gotta get the aluminum foil hat

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
"Tin foil hat on"

Frantically researches "Faraday Cage"

Suddenly remember he lives in the middle of F'n Maine and nobody gives a shit...yet.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Get smart. Dome of silence. 55 year old joke coming to fruition. KAOS

I was aware of a letter agencies ability to listen to a harddrive off the reflection of glass on the exterior of buildings. 37 years ago my neighbor did this for his job.
20210815_195503.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread