They,re here

I8URVETT

Established Member
UPS just delivered me a present...My Borla stinger setup:rockon:

Question? I have never put catbacks on a stang with IRS Do you still have to cut the old pipes off? IS there anything I should know when putting these on?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You shouldn't have to do any cutting. Hopefully you've got ramps or jack stands. Undo the clamps and start twisting/pulling. The catback will pop off. Then just install the new catback. Be sure the pipes are lined up properly before you tighten everything down. It shouldn't take you long at all. Very easy mod!
:beer:

Fang

Established Member
No :burn: needed at all. Just :bash: your head for not getting them sooner. Make sure you lube your rubber hangers before and during install to make it slide in easier. Or you will be :cuss: at them. Hold on to your thingy when you start it up for the first time cuz your going to wet your pants at the sound. Have fun.:coolman:

03DOHC

Established Member
Since this car has an IRS the exhaust doesn't go over the rear axle like the older Mustangs did, so you shouldn't have to cut anything.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
just for the record, it is possible to remove a solid axle catback without cutting. it is a total pita, but it can be done.

use dishwashing liquid to lube the bushings, it works the best.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member

Never though of that, but yah, itll work good too.

Ive always just used WD-40. Who dont have about 3 cans of that around the shop!

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Originally posted by quadcammer

That's how it's done at the assembly plant! I used to hang exhaust for a short while at the K.C. Plant.

I8URVETT

Established Member
well I got them on yesterday-- took me about an hour with a lift was fairly easy, the only thing that was a pain in the ass was getting the old exhaust out of the hangers, may car is fairly new 4800mi so the rubber hangers were totally stiff, other than that putting the new ones on were easy. and holy shit does it sound mean!! nice and throaty but not too much tips are aewsome too overall I am impressed:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread