think i would make around 470rwhp?

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Well with my case as the examle.I purchased all the following: Mac 1 5/8 longtubes, BAP, 60lb injectors, accufab TB and Plenum, SCT2400 maf, and 6lb lower all for the grand total of 1000.00 from our wonderful market! Add another 500 for my POSI port and 400 for dyno tune. So I have 1900 in my 520rwhp setup. He could save additional money if he ported his stock TB and plenum and still make more than 470.
My point was that if he could save a bit more, that his money would get him alot further and not have to REDO things later down the road.:burnout:

I can dig it. You definitely got some good deals:beer: I have 518/543 with stock throttle body and plenum, so he doesn't really have to have those ported. He can save money. I have a 2.90 upper/4lb lower. Your car made a little more HP and TQ than mine, but you have a 6lb lower, so it's supposed to. I think he'll be fine without porting the TB/Plenum and that will save him some money as well.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
I can dig it. You definitely got some good deals:beer: I have 518/543 with stock throttle body and plenum, so he doesn't really have to have those ported. He can save money. I have a 2.90 upper/4lb lower. Your car made a little more HP and TQ than mine, but you have a 6lb lower, so it's supposed to. I think he'll be fine without porting the TB/Plenum and that will save him some money as well.

That's why I love this board, its a wealth of knowledge with people willing to help!

Jefe

Established Member
Sounds like all you need is a good dyno tune. I made 439rwhp on stock boost...463rwhp with a 4# lower/stock upper. Dont forget though if you go ported and get a good tune you might need to upgrade the maf/fuel as it should put you right over 500rwhp

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you're going to port your blower you're likely going to need a MAFia (or larger MAF), as Jefe said. Not a big expense, but one you should plan on. I said it above and others have said it, so it bears repeating again.......after you install those mods get a dyno tune. You're obviously looking for every pony you can muster, and a dyno tune is what will make you the happiest.

Users who are viewing this thread