think i would make around 470rwhp?

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
iam ordering some go fast goodies friday for the cobra an was wondering what i should get really. Iam looking to get around 470rwhp right now. As of now the car has bassani catless x,magnaflow catback,2.95 upper,K&N box an filter,thermostat it made 434 during the hottttt texas summer at triangle speed. Which the car came with a sct tuner from Jon lund so i tried one of his that was in the tuner an man did it wake up compared to triangles dyno tune. But friday iam ordering the following 2.76,JLT Carbon complete kit RAI,dragon TB/PL, new tuner an tune from amazon,belt,tr6 plugs, an have my wideband off my old cobra installed to. I was hoping the car would be around 470 or so but idk if it is or not i have 1400 dollars to play with right now what do you all think would be best way to go?

Brandon

Last edited:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
If you already have an SCT tuner that you purchased from Lund, why are you buying ANOTHER tuner? You don't need two tuners. You're wasting money right there. I'd add that money towards something else or just save it for later.

To answer your question, yes you should be at 470+/-RWHP with your new pulley combo.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You may or may not make your 470rwhp goal. It's going to be in the tune. You're at 434/441 now with the 2.95. As a comparison, I made 457/480 with a 2.90. Unless the tune is tweaked you're more likely going to see 455-460 with those new mods. If you want the most out of your new setup, get a dyno tune.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
Brandon[/QUOTE]

If you already have an SCT tuner that you purchased from Lund, why are you buying ANOTHER tuner? You don't need two tuners. You're wasting money right there. I'd add that money towards something else or just save it for later.

To answer your question, yes you should be at 470+/-RWHP with your new pulley combo.

I agree your throwing money away buying another hand held tuner. I don't think the High Boost CF JLT CAI is a good choice for a 2.76 car. JLT is out of stock of the regular CF CAI until they find a new CF distributor. This is straight from Jay at JLT. But they do still have their CF RAI and that would be a good choice for your set up. I'm assuming when you said "JLT Carbon complete kit" your meaning a CAI. With the boost increase, rai intake and SBTB I agree that you should be close to your desired power levels. Let us know the outcome :beer:

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
thats what i thought about the tuner to one of my buddies said the one i have is garbage it doesnt datalog or nothing idk. its a little black one made by sct if i remember correctly its a xclaiber or something ill get a pic later tonight.

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
the cai i was talking about is the rai i dont like the high boost becuase i do alot of daily driving in the rain dont wanna take a chance of sucking water in the motor an hydrolocking it.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Id say scratch the new upper and intake.... get your blower ported by posi along with a dragon TB and Plenum and make 500!

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
A great option as well. He knows very well! Great numbers by the way!!!

Thanks!!!

I also meant to add, def go with the Dragon setup. It makes more power then the accufab both peak and throughout the curve. I could have got more from mine had I switched, but I saved a bit and bought a used accufab combo.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
If you bought everything used except your blower ported it would be close. 2000 is more realistic, but I'm a advocate of doing it right the first time!

matt87

Established Member
you could just port the stock tb and plenum. port the blower and reuse the stock inj and just do a kb boost a pump. you can even stay with the pulley you have and still make more hp than the setup you stated. stock inj are fine at 500 rwhp. dont let anyone say different.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
posi ported blower/stock plenum n tb.. and add the BAP, id also put on a 2.76 pulley.. that setup will get you boarder line 500 rwhp..

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Id say scratch the new upper and intake.... get your blower ported by posi along with a dragon TB and Plenum and make 500!

If he's trying to save money the ported eaton may not be for him at the moment. He'll need a few more parts than just a ported blower, so depends on how far he wants to go. I agree a ported eaton is the best bang for buck and I'd stay with the 2.90 upper with the port, but for some reason he said he wants 470RWHP. Who knows where that number came from lol

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
If he's trying to save money the ported eaton may not be for him at the moment. He'll need a few more parts than just a ported blower, so depends on how far he wants to go. I agree a ported eaton is the best bang for buck and I'd stay with the 2.90 upper with the port, but for some reason he said he wants 470RWHP. Who knows where that number came from lol

Well with my case as the examle.I purchased all the following: Mac 1 5/8 longtubes, BAP, 60lb injectors, accufab TB and Plenum, SCT2400 maf, and 6lb lower all for the grand total of 1000.00 from our wonderful market! Add another 500 for my POSI port and 400 for dyno tune. So I have 1900 in my 520rwhp setup. He could save additional money if he ported his stock TB and plenum and still make more than 470.
My point was that if he could save a bit more, that his money would get him alot further and not have to REDO things later down the road.:burnout:

Last edited:

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
All will depend on your tune. My 04 makes 444/447 with a 2.90 upper, and K&N filter. Stock intake piping, stock catted exhaust, only those two things done to it.

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
i think ima call brian at posi tomorrow. i just through out 470 lol didnt really want that i want the most i can get lol..i might just do tune,ported blower,ported stock tb/pl an bap. i think i can do it for about 1500

Users who are viewing this thread