Thinking about a color change... Need honest opinions!!

03slaminator

Established Member
Thanks guys.... As far as gloss black or satin roof/ tail light panel. I'm still undecided. I want to do gloss black but I don't really think the wheels would look good gloss black. And I don't think it would look right gloss black with satin wheels. I think satin would really set this green I'm painting the car off! But I love the way gloss black roofs look. From a ways they kinda look like a glass roof.

Also like a few of you stated above that I should go green with the whole car and possibly do a wrap on the roof. I actually thought about doing that but I don't like the way the wrap looks. Because they have an orange peel look to them. I'm just really picky when it comes to my cars. I wish someone that can photoshop pictures would chime in and do a couple different pictures for me so I can make my mind up. Because I'm gonna try to get it sprayed this weekend or Monday and if I havnt made my mind up then I can't shoot it till I do. Lol

Here's my choices.....

1. Gloss black roof, gloss black tail light panel, gloss black 03 afs 18inch reps, tinted tail lights.

2. Satin black roof, satin black tail light panel, satin black 03 afs 18inch reps, tinted tail lights.

3. Gloss black roof, satin black tail light panel, satin black 03 afs 18inch reps, tinted tail lights.

4. Satin black roof, satin black tail light panel, gloss black 03 afs 18inch reps, tinted tail lights.

I'm really leaning towards the first two. Not so much of number 3 and 4. But was just ideas. So if anyone has some input on these or maybe some other ideas to toss around then please share

Also if anyone can photo shop the first 2 ideas I stated above then please chime in. It would probably be easy to use the picture of the green cobra that midnight_cobra shared above. ALL IDEAS AND COMPLIMENTS ARE APPRECIATED GUYS!! Thanks

03slaminator

Established Member
Ok guys the car is all ready for paint. I was gonna paint it last Sunday but some things came up and I got busy. So, now I'm gonna paint it this Sunday. And Monday I will get the car home and start putting it all back together and start wet sanding so i can buff it. I broke my phone so I don't know how well this phone I'm using will post pix. But I will take some pictures and post them if I can. They will be crappy cell phone pix but at least it will give everybody an idea on how the car turned out.

I decided to go with hot rod satin black on the roof and tail light panel instead of gloss black. Anyways next time I post on here then it should be some pix of the car all painted and done!!!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT COMMENTED ON MY THREAD!! I appreciate it guys.

RichM1983

Established Member
I just read through the thread. I'm glad to hear your son is doing well. I hope he stays healthy and your out of the woods so to speak with his health concerns.

That green so far should look really nice. I think Id go with an all green car. That one posted above looks pretty awesome and it wasn't even as nice of a green color as you chose. Yours seems to be brighter.

I look forward to the pictures!

03slaminator

Established Member
I just read through the thread. I'm glad to hear your son is doing well. I hope he stays healthy and your out of the woods so to speak with his health concerns.

That green so far should look really nice. I think Id go with an all green car. That one posted above looks pretty awesome and it wasn't even as nice of a green color as you chose. Yours seems to be brighter.

I look forward to the pictures!

Thanks RickM1983, my son is doing great. He's all smiles every minute of the day!! And I thought about going all green but I wanted some black to break the green up. I went ahead and went with a satin black roof and tail light panel. Now I just gotta get black wheels. I got pix of it that I'm getting ready to post up on here. So hopefully everyone likes it!!! It's not all the way put together yet and when it is then I'll post more pictures. So stay tuned for upcoming pics! And again Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post on my thread....

03slaminator

Established Member
Heres a few pix!! I painted the car with the doors,fenders,hood,trunk and bumpers off. So I had to paint all that stuff seperate because it wouldn't all fit in the paint booth. But all the paint matches up perfect!!

image-20.jpg

image-19.jpg

image-18.jpg

image-17.jpg

RichM1983

Established Member
So far it looks great. I can't wait to see the final product.

You want to sell and ship those wheels? I know your replacing them with black ones/

03slaminator

Established Member
So far it looks great. I can't wait to see the final product.

You want to sell and ship those wheels? I know your replacing them with black ones/

Well I'm thinking about keeping them just to have an extra set. If I was to sell them then it would be the rims only. Pm me or text me at 918-961-1718. My name is jake. I'll let u know a little more info and maybe we can work something out if I decide to sell them. Thanks

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
Drrrroooooooooooooollllllll!!!!!!

Looks great! I can't wait to see it back together especially with the contrast of the black cowl panel, mirror bases, fog light bezels, etc.

I like the chrome stock wheel look too. Hard to beat in my oppionion.

SV

RichM1983

Established Member
Well I'm thinking about keeping them just to have an extra set. If I was to sell them then it would be the rims only. Pm me or text me at 918-961-1718. My name is jake. I'll let u know a little more info and maybe we can work something out if I decide to sell them. Thanks

Sounds good. I might text you this weekend. If not sometime after Thanksgiving.

Thanks again.

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Guess I am just tired of looking at black. Idk, had the car for 8 years now.

Looks amazing op, coming along nicely.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread