Thinking about a color change... Need honest opinions!!

Jkay98

Established Member
I like the new lime rock green that the corvettes come in. You have to see one in person to really appreciate the color.

267d1375631218-official-lime-rock-green-stingray-corvette-photo-thread-green-corvette-slide.jpg

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Paint the entire car green or whatever color then just wrap the top. You can always change it and the entire car is on solid color if you don't like it.

I'd play around with photoshop first. find someone thats good with it and can change the colors to give you an idea.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Green is the worst selling color when it comes time to resell fwiw. That outta the way whatever color you repaint it only do it if your willing to do the door jambs and engine bay...nothing looks worse then an engine bay that's a different color from the rest of the car...definitely screams "craigslist special".

Tractionless1

Established Member
I was thinking this same thing. With nice black wheels.

Gunmetal, too much black out there now, it's getting played out. I just saw a green '14 Mustang GT a week ago that was gorgeous. It had black wheels though and you couldn't even tell their pattern until you were 10' away.

No.........that color was not cool in 1996 when it was popular, it's still not now.

You're right fire engine red is where it's at! :p

03slaminator

Established Member
Green is the worst selling color when it comes time to resell fwiw. That outta the way whatever color you repaint it only do it if your willing to do the door jambs and engine bay...nothing looks worse then an engine bay that's a different color from the rest of the car...definitely screams "craigslist special".

Engine bay and door jambs will go the color that I'm painting the car for sure. I don't like to half ass things. The motor and everything is out right now that is why I'm thinking about doing a color change now instead of later on down the road.

03slaminator

Established Member
Any photoshop guys that could hook me up with a decent photoshop to get a good idea on what my 03 cobra would look like snakeskin green with black roof? Rooftop only.... Not a two tone. Thanks and hopefully someone can help

03slaminator

Established Member
Go for plasti dip!! Its cheaper and very durable. you can create your colors and get very creative!

I'm just not real big on plasti dip. The only plus to plasti dip is I could take it off if I don't like it. But I could actually paint my car cheaper then it would be to plasti dip it. I might plasti dip the taillight panel and roof. If not then I might to a wrap instead of plasti dip. I'm undecided on that though. I found a decent pic of a synergy green cobra and the snakeskin green is kinda similar to the synergy. So I kinda have a idea on how it will look now. All I have to do now is find time to do all the prep work to my car. Lol ( 14 month old son keeps me pretty busy)

GoGreen04

Established Member
Do that green but the whole car, two tone just does not look good on our cars. Always reminds me of something from that west coast customs show.

03slaminator

Established Member
Do that green but the whole car, two tone just does not look good on our cars. Always reminds me of something from that west coast customs show.

It's not going two tone. Just the roof itself and the tail light panel is gonna be black. If your looking at the car from a side angle then u won't see black at all. If you go through some of my replies on this thread then u will run across a photobucket link that has a pic of an orange cobra with a black roof and you will see what Im talking about.

Ok guys,,, the car is ready for primer to go on it. So I'll probably do that this week sometime. I'll try to get some pix posted up.

Users who are viewing this thread