Thinking about a color change... Need honest opinions!!

03slaminator

Established Member
EDIT::: well the car is sanded and ready for primer. I got half the engine bay left to sand and it will be completely ready to prime. The car is going snakeskin green with black tail light panel and black roof. Just the roof not a two tone. Do u guys think i should go gloss black or satin black? also i was thinking about painting my engine bay black just incase i decide to go back to the way my car was painted. Or should i go green with the engine bay? Need advice pretty quick. Thanks guys.

Ok guys. I'm on the fence about painting my 03. As of now it's two tone mineral grey on bottom and black up top. The car needs repainted because whoever did the paint work before didn't prep the car well and it's flaking in a lot of places. I do paint and body work on the side so ill be doing this my self.

What do u guys think about going snakeskin green with a satin black roof. And a satin black taillight panel? Or instead of satin black maybe do gloss black on the roof and satin on the taillight panel? I really like the way the car is painted now. But.. I'm getting bored and wanna try something different. My car has afs 18 inch 03 replicas on it. So if I do go green with the car then ill probably have to go with black wheels. The chrome wheels would look good but I think black would go better with the green then the chrome.

What do you guys think about this color combo? And I want honest opinions about it so lets hear them!!

Last edited:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
It would probably be a lot easier to go back to gray... That said, if you are set on doing custom paint, I don't like the sound of it, but if you had an example of the colors...

esonu

Established Member
If that's the viper green do it. Then with satin black accents.

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
sounds like something someone would post from craigslist for us to laugh at. I would go solid color and maybe use a color not offered on the 03's. for example BAB which is one of my favorite colors. good luck

03cobraracer

Established Member
Do something like this!

1071D7D4-826C-4D86-8B8B-C80C7B9FE913_zpsupcxjzs0.png

03slaminator

Established Member
Yes I'm talking about the snakeskin viper green. Thanks for all the opinions. The craigslist one made me laugh a little. As far as the green thats on that cobra, it's to pastel looking for me. That's the green that came on the newer mustangs isn't it?

Ill see if I can't find pix of my old 07 cbr 1000rr that I painted snakeskin green. The color is defiantly badass. Just not sure how the cobra would look all green. I'd hate to do all the jambs and engine bay and and not like it and do another color change. Lol

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
the black green black would look good IMO. Match the wheel paint and upper half paint the same, gloss/matte and i think it would look awesome

ATFPat

Established Member
The viper green actually looks really cool. I'm not a two tone guy on newer cars, but that solid green looks sick.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
DO IT!!! Just make sure you do black wheels with a chrome or polished lip and chrome/polished center cap and lugs to break up the black on the wheels.

A couple other variations to consider is the bottom SSG and the entire top half (not just the roof) Gloss Black (Boyd Coddington style) or the entire car SSG and the hood gloss black or even Carbon Fiber. You have a lot of options and I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them, so I think you're gonna win either way. Hope this helps and good luck :beer:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Someone needs to do burnt orange/copper on one of these things already. A silver or light gold pearl would accent it well. Any rim color other than chrome (on anything) will do.

03slaminator

Established Member
Please dont do a two tone. The viper green souds sick though just expect more attention than the grey lol

When u say two tone do u mean the bottom half green an top half black? Because the car will actually be all green except for the roof itself ill find a pic and post it on what I mean if anyone is confused. EDIT... Here's the picture of black roof on orange car. The taillight panel isn't black but still looks good!! http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s134/jakecartright85/Mobile Uploads/image-14.jpg

Someone needs to do burnt orange/copper on one of these things already. A silver or light gold pearl would accent it well. Any rim color other than chrome (on anything) will do.

Burnt orange or a copper color would look sick!! But I'm a sucker for this green and if I do a color change then this will be the color for sure.... In my eyes nothing beats SSG!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread