thinking about pulling the paxton trigger

CoreyHM1

Established Member
Been looking at the beefcake kits... how are the deatschwerks 88lb injectors? Thinking about this kit with the bov upgrade, jlt intake, new plugs, and the bap.

any recommendations? Looking for about 600rwhp with stock motor and stock paxton pulley... is that considered safe? This is really just a weekend car but of course i still dont want to blow her up either... yet..

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Been looking at the beefcake kits... how are the deatschwerks 88lb injectors? Thinking about this kit with the bov upgrade, jlt intake, new plugs, and the bap.

any recommendations? Looking for about 600rwhp with stock motor and stock paxton pulley... is that considered safe? This is really just a weekend car but of course i still dont want to blow her up either... yet..
I'd say you're on the right track and yes 600whp is safe on a centrifugal car with a good tune. Only recommendations I would add on is doing the t-bolt clamps. When you get bored with the new found power then add the torque booster package

FiveSlow

Established Member

Add the torque booster with the 3.33" pulley and tbolt clamps to that list. Get the $100 slim fan off amazon as well. Also I'd do the BMR rad support that's $99.. Trust me it will make this the easiest bolt on power and you will run 10's all day on a street trie lol. Make sure you have 3.31's

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I like the bmr radiator support, It frees up a ton of room underneath the car.

Our goto injector is the ID's. but we can tune the DW's or the FIC's if you'd like to save a little $$

Don't hesitate to call with any questions you might have.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

Just shell out the extra money for the ID's. You will be happier with them in the end.

FiveSlow

Established Member
I like the bmr radiator support, It frees up a ton of room underneath the car.

Our goto injector is the ID's. but we can tune the DW's or the FIC's if you'd like to save a little $$

Don't hesitate to call with any questions you might have.

I would just go with the ID1000's personally. The BMR rad support frees up SO much space it's hard to explain. Let me put it this way. With the slim fan and that rad support I was able to pulley swap my Paxton in 20 minutes start to finish. Lol

CoreyHM1

Established Member
Thanks for all the info! Sounds like ill just go with the ID's... and will look into the rad support ans slim fan.. I was afraid of making too much power on stock motor with the torque
booster? If its well worth it then I might as well just save a few more pennies lol

FiveSlow

Established Member
Thanks for all the info! Sounds like ill just go with the ID's... and will look into the rad support ans slim fan.. I was afraid of making too much power on stock motor with the torque
booster? If its well worth it then I might as well just save a few more pennies lol

Peak power remains the same or even slightly less. It adds a ton of power just under the curve right where you need it for drag racing. Drivability remains the same but as soon as you downshift the boost comes on quick.

hitmix300

Established Member
I wouldn't use a radiator support unless it lets you keep your sway bar, you'll regret it (imo) if you don't.

Had the 100 dollar bmr support on my car for 7 months and realized i got used to the poor driving quality.. removed it and went back to stock and i'm a happy camper again

get a paxton, they're cheap and they make things happen...!

good luck and keep us posted

GHIG'13

Established Member
Add the torque booster with the 3.33" pulley and tbolt clamps to that list. Get the $100 slim fan off amazon as well. Also I'd do the BMR rad support that's $99.. Trust me it will make this the easiest bolt on power and you will run 10's all day on a street trie lol. Make sure you have 3.31's

You wouldn't happen to have a link to the above mentioned fan would you? I really need some more room on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread