Thinking about selling/trading my 09 ZR1...

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
The rawness of a Miata ftw!

I would go with an older gen Viper

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
If it's between the cars Arabian Oak listed, I say the Viper. Oh baby I like it RAWWW! lol
I personally would get a top built pro-touring beast. But, that's 100K+

Recon

Established Member
What about modding the LS9? Maybe if it had a little more grunt you’d like it more.

Pick your poison.

_Snake_

Established Member
What are the good ones, if not F5?

According to a lot of owners at shows I’ve attended, Superformance is a better car. Tolerances are tighter and more consistent. Things like door gaps and panel alignment. I’ve been into Cobras for a long time but haven’t been able to convince myself to throw down that kind of money on a weekend toy.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
According to a lot of owners at shows I’ve attended, Superformance is a better car. Tolerances are tighter and more consistent. Things like door gaps and panel alignment. I’ve been into Cobras for a long time but haven’t been able to convince myself to throw down that kind of money on a weekend toy.
And Superformance is a factory built roller. Factory 5 makes a great Cobra kit, and really great new Daytona Coupe kit, but you have to assemble, or find someone to do it for you.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
If I recall correctly, the Superformance frames are not remotely similar to the originals. Lots of square tubing. Ugly actually. Factory 5 frames have a round tube design that is similar to - but much better than the originals. I have built a F5 car before and the kits are very good. Of course the build quality varies...lots of guys do much or all of it themselves and don’t have $60k to dump into them.

For the longest time I wanted a F5 Daytona coupe with a 408 and twins...with A/C and Magnum 6-speed. Unless you live somewhere that has a LOT of 0% chance of rain days not having a top kills the fun for me.

But these days I’d like a pro-touring beast like Tones mentioned. Something different...maybe a ‘65 Riv with a rear TT 425.

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I agree with others that have stated you will get bored with the viper if you’re bored with the vette. Awd cars that run mid 10’s and are as comfortable as the rs7 will spoil most forms of straight line entertainment for you. You will be hard pressed to find a manual car that’s as easy to drive fast in a straight line.

Use the vette for the curves then. A zr1 to viper is a lateral move/downgrade in the eyes of many. And the cars are quite similar. Yes, the viper may be a bit more exotic, but I don’t know if it’s worth getting rid of the zr1 for that. You just got the rs7 a week ago. I’d enjoy it for a little bit and let the dust settle.

blk02edge

Established Member
If I recall correctly, the Superformance frames are not remotely similar to the originals. Lots of square tubing. Ugly actually. Factory 5 frames have a round tube design that is similar to - but much better than the originals. I have built a F5 car before and the kits are very good. Of course the build quality varies...lots of guys do much or all of it themselves and don’t have $60k to dump into them.

For the longest time I wanted a F5 Daytona coupe with a 408 and twins...with A/C and Magnum 6-speed. Unless you live somewhere that has a LOT of 0% chance of rain days not having a top kills the fun for me.

But these days I’d like a pro-touring beast like Tones mentioned. Something different...maybe a ‘65 Riv with a rear TT 425.
The originals were like that, superformance is a 1:1 recreation and a beautiful one at that, but the FF is a better driving chassis because it wasn't designed in the 60s lol. I got to tour both back to back at Barret Jackson this year and to be honest, id take either but the SF mk2 GT40 is just the ultimate package imo

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
The best sight to find a repro Shelby Cobra, Daytona Coupe or GT40.

http://cobracountry.com
Funny, so I just opened this thread and
1) my 1st recommendation would be a Cobra replica and
2)that's the site to go to

I've been soooo close to pulling this trigger it ain't even funny and I couldn't think of a better car for what you're after

Period

Sent from that shiny thing in my hands

kaz109

Established Member
I love my Gen IV ACR. Most fun car I've ever driven, and I've driven a lot.
If that is the most fun car you have even driven I can't imagine you have actually driven a lot....i mean not a lot a lot.

blk02edge

Established Member
Original Cobras did not have square main tubes. F5 has round main tubes like the original Cobras.

https://www.factoryfive.com/roadster/mk4/design/

The SF cars are very nice - no doubt - but I don’t see the justification for the significantly higher cost.
Ahh i was thinking of the newer csx cars for the chassis. Anyway, the SF had a far more real vibe to it and if I wanted one for show and cruising thats what id pick, otherwise FF for the superior chassis.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member

F5 completely redesigned their Daytona Coupe frame a year or so ago so it is much stronger and now us big guys can even get in it. I think they dropped the floor pan about three inches. I came close to ordering it last year but knew I wouldn't be in that house long enough to finish the build.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
F5 completely redesigned their Daytona Coupe frame a year or so ago so it is much stronger and now us big guys can even get in it. I think they dropped the floor pan about three inches. I came close to ordering it last year but knew I wouldn't be in that house long enough to finish the build.

No doubt space is tight. I’m only 5’9” and it was a little difficult to climb in a F5 Daytona coupe 20 years ago. The door sill was huge. Still, sitting in it made me want to order a kit. Super cool looking - awesome performance - roof for safety - and only 6 original coupes were built so you wouldn’t see one at every cruise.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If that is the most fun car you have even driven I can't imagine you have actually driven a lot....i mean not a lot a lot.

It's the most fun car I've driven that I don't mind driving how it should be driven (on the track).

I've driven everything from Boss 429s to Ferrari 458s, to Ford GTs (two TT GTs) to Lamborghini Murcielagos, to Bentley GTs, etc.

Sure I've driven faster cars, more luxurious cars...but at the end of the day I'm perfectly comfortable taking this one to the track with 650rwhp and enjoying myself; where I wouldn't be with a $200K+ car.

A Gen IV ACR doesn't have all the electronics that the newer cars have, it's like driving a high powered go-cart with power steering.

Users who are viewing this thread