Thinking about selling/trading my 09 ZR1...

ArabianOak

Established Member
The dealer I went to that sells the T-rex offers them fully loaded and brand new for 50K. They sticker loaded for slightly over 70k. Huge markdown on those. I know there are lots of cars in that price range...

08mojo

Established Member
The dealer I went to that sells the T-rex offers them fully loaded and brand new for 50K. They sticker loaded for slightly over 70k. Huge markdown on those. I know there are lots of cars in that price range...

$50k, are you out of your mind!?!

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

What's the resale on one of these should you get bored of it a year from now?

ArabianOak

Established Member
What's the resale on one of these should you get bored of it a year from now?

hard to determine...not many for sale. but I have enough connections in the car community locally to unload it if I wanted. As it stands now I have an offer for several K more than I paid for my ZR1. So i'm really trying to decide what I should do.

Never_Enough

Established Member
hard to determine...not many for sale. but I have enough connections in the car community locally to unload it if I wanted. As it stands now I have an offer for several K more than I paid for my ZR1. So i'm really trying to decide what I should do.
You sell the ZR1 now is what you do. You can always buy another one.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
My question...that considered a motorcycle (need motorcycle endorsement, required to wear a helmet,etc...)

ArabianOak

Established Member
The T. rex dealer had this hidden in back. Not for sale. It’s the owners vehicle.

89BD0896-53C9-4452-BC16-385D331621C8.jpeg
592E9028-39A0-432D-AFE4-AE2D26A67A49.jpeg
A44C5E09-DFCD-4B44-9303-1404A33E0059.jpeg
50BEDE87-0BBF-4868-9C94-7E637D512BCC.jpeg

Never_Enough

Established Member
Right but most people want to see the car. I’m not a fan of buying sight unseen. Mine is mint.
Then fly out if you have to. Many folks do it. When you can sell yours for profit, you do it IMO. It's not a car you can't replace.

08mojo

Established Member
Believe it or not you get a lot for that price. It's on an F1 inspired fully adjustable suspension...0-60 in 3.9 and pulls 1.3g.

https://campagnamotors.com/2018-t-rex/16sp-specs/

You mean, a double wishbone front suspension? If that's the case, your ZR1 also has 'F1 Inspired' suspension. Also, your ZR1 can hit 60 in 3.5 seconds (on paper anyways). Throw some sticky tires on the ZR1 and I bet you can see 1.3g.

If someone is offering you a good price for the ZR1, and you're ready to move one, sell the thing. I'm a firm believer in everything is for sale at the right price. I just don't see the appeal of the t-rex. I think you're better off getting the POS polaris if this is purely a toy. I just don't see the $50k+ for the t-rex.

Someone on this board was building a turbo t-rex. Perhaps you can find them and get some real-life feedback on the things. I'm admittedly biased, because I think 3 wheel anything is dumb.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
You mean, a double wishbone front suspension? If that's the case, your ZR1 also has 'F1 Inspired' suspension. Also, your ZR1 can hit 60 in 3.5 seconds (on paper anyways). Throw some sticky tires on the ZR1 and I bet you can see 1.3g.

If someone is offering you a good price for the ZR1, and you're ready to move one, sell the thing. I'm a firm believer in everything is for sale at the right price. I just don't see the appeal of the t-rex. I think you're better off getting the POS polaris if this is purely a toy. I just don't see the $50k+ for the t-rex.

Someone on this board was building a turbo t-rex. Perhaps you can find them and get some real-life feedback on the things. I'm admittedly biased, because I think 3 wheel anything is dumb.
Maybe not "dumb" but a curious decision.
I just don't see how anyone expects one wheel to do the work of two at that weight.
You can fit two people on a motorcycle (since everything seems to be a two seater) and the power to weight ratio would be better.
Of all of them the Ariel Atom would interest me but, I don't have the "play" money AO does.

Recon

Established Member
b286f0a3f8a86fa832722ae80aec4d2a.jpg

I haven’t driven anything that scares me more than that car. Its uncomfortable, loud, and a death trap. One of my customer cars.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread