Thinking I’m Griswold

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_1340.jpeg

It’s an old photo but I came out the window over the 3rd car bay. Bonked my head on the roof line and slid down. It’s only about a 15 ft drop into the AC unit and concrete pad there.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_0905.JPG
    IMG_0905.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 80

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I dont care for heights but my roof is like Brad's so its easy to walk around up there and hang lights off the edge vs using a ladder

@03cobra#694 - do you staple all those lights up top or what? Im always hesitant to put holes in the shingles

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Bought a bunch of Christmas lights and started to hang them today in hopes of channeling Griswold. Turns out I’m a little bitch...had a full on panic attack when I hit my head while on the roof and slipped about 2ft down it. Now I can’t bring myself to get on the roof. Yet I’m perfectly fine jumping out of an airplane (granted it’s been a few years since I’ve done that). WTF?!
Only two ways to beat Christmas light trauma. Get back on the roof (harness yourself to something), or ask @Smooth how much help the Capt needs to give you for fearlessness.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Only two ways to beat Christmas light trauma. Get back on the roof (harness yourself to something), or ask @Smooth how much help the Capt needs to give you for fearlessness.

**** it, no harness and an entire fifth!
f that. craigslist rent a slave is more my speed.
Thought this reply came from @Khan
Video is necessary.

I did just get a GoPro...

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I dont care for heights but my roof is like Brad's so its easy to walk around up there and hang lights off the edge vs using a ladder

@03cobra#694 - do you staple all those lights up top or what? Im always hesitant to put holes in the shingles
Little tabs I slide under the shingles, no staples. Absolutely no holes with the rain here. I’ll need a new roof in a few years. This is 14 years old.
Figure half the life of the singles. 30 years, 15.... the heat breaks them down.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So what you're telling me is I'm not the only one?? Lol.

Skydiving, flying in the back of Heuys, etc, etc. No sweat.

Hand me a ladder to get on roof??? Hell naw...

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Buddy (electrician, up and down ladders all day at work) had his extension ladder pop out when he was at the top putting xmas lights up, broke both his ankles. No ladders for me.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm afraid of heights, but I force myself up there whenever I really have to.
I get so nervous sometimes that I start shaking and the ladder starts shaking as well. lol

Users who are viewing this thread