Thinking of trading a 2011 GT500 for a s550

Ohio Snake

Established Member
It's always been that way here. It's pretty funny these guys don't care about the regular non cobra mustangs no matter how fast they are.

Just watch #ydbt4life on IG. There are gt500/cobra owners in their own world that don't think their car is a mustang.

Please stay away from the argument of a GT500 being a cobra or not. There is a whole thread on that one....lol

From my standpoint:
A Shelby is a high performance variant of a Mustang. I like and prefer the factory Shelby GT500 look and performance over the GT counterpart for my MY. Other limited variants ( Boss 302, Bullit, Mach 1 as examples) have their own faithful following.
Can a GT blow my doors off?....yeah, its possible. Can a GT look fantastic and standout? yeah, its possible. Do GT owners have a faithful following?....absolutely.

The GT500 gives me everything I want in a factory package, which I can enhance performance-wise or looks if i choose to do so.

I see way less Shelby’s on the road than other mustangs ( sans other limited variants) than the GT or V6 versions. The value of most cars depreciate over time including the Shelby. However, the Shelby variants value holds better than most other mustangs. Some limited production variants hold value better than a Shelby.

Ive had three GT’s in the past. Being a Shelby owner does have a different aura to it, but I don’t disregard other mustang owners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coiled03

Established Member
It's always been that way here. It's pretty funny these guys don't care about the regular non cobra mustangs no matter how fast they are.

Just watch #ydbt4life on IG. There are gt500/cobra owners in their own world that don't think their car is a mustang.

That's just not true. Plenty of people care about the "non-cobra" mustangs. We have entire forums dedicated to them. The fact is, they're not as rare as Cobras and Shelbys. That doesn't make them worse in any way, just more common.

My comment about not trading was strictly based on aesthetics.

blk02edge

Established Member
Op id think you are crazy to trade that 500... Like said, if you were going to an 18 PP2 or bullet at a reasonable cost id agree

Users who are viewing this thread