Thinking of trunk mount IC res

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
i just put my chiseled tank in and notice the pressure that builds up is pretty bad. caused the lid to leak i little. so i rtved the shit out of it now you can really tell its pressurized.

what are you guys doing to release the pressure?

anyone put a release valve in there lid or drill a small hole?

If the pressure is that bad you might want to look at replacing your intercooler seals on the transfer tubes on the lower intake manifold. Easy way to pressurize the system and alot of people overlook it.

Here is my setup....5 Gallon Cell, Meziere Pump with a BAP I had leftover from my returnless system on it. I run it cranked all way up at the track. I dont like the Meziere pumps, as they dont last long it seems and start making alot of noise. They want close to 100 bux for a rebuild also so mine is coming out. I am going to try a Rule 405FC (1100) this year and see what happens. FYI...those grommets are generic "DIY" grommets from Oreilleys for the lines passing thru the trunk. Worked flawless now for 6 years since I installed this system in 2006.

I also only run 2 bags of ice per pass and top it off with water, I have witnessed some "slosh" before and cavitated the pump. I am however relocating the pump to the trunk floor this winter for a better gravity feed for those situations.

http://www.wakemakers.com/rule-aerator-ballast-pump-1100.html?gclid=CJ2vvMfTirMCFQXhQgodvCYAPQ

DSC01883.jpg

Last edited:

fs308

4v noob
Established Member
if you go with a trunk mounted tank but also go with a killer chiller how are you guys routing your set up? also are you getting rid of the heat exchanger as well?

Users who are viewing this thread