This Cummins Asked for it....

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
So me and my fiance are headed down to the OBX cruising along 168, minding our business in my Lightning (mods in sig). I'd say an 05-06 Dodge Cummins is passing me and as he does, he juices it spewing some smoke. My fiance asked if something was wrong with his truck and I explained how it was his way of showing off or to try and provoke a race. To my complete amazement she says 'Well go beat his ass if he thinks hes so cool!' That is why I'm engaged to this woman!

The truck has a diesel performance sticker from VA Beach (not tdp) stacks cut off at his tool box and A-pillar guages. Thats all I know about it.

Race one - I'm stuck behind him at a light. As soon as we clear a car in other lane I floor it. His truck is smoking like an old locomotive. I start pullin on him and the next light turns red. PERFECT! No real result from this race other than I was pullin up on him GOOD in my trucks worst RPM range. I wasnt able to really get on it off the line so it shifted into second. When I punched it, it was going JUST fast enough not to let the trans kick down. Light ahead turns red and sets up round two.

Race two - As we pull up to the second light, we both INSTANTLY punch it as it turns green (like a 5 mph roll). It was over before it started ha! I looked in my mirror and had a good 4-5 trucks by mid second gear. I can only imagine what traffic behind us thought - that truck was smoking an INSANE amount. He pulled off at the next light so the story ends there.

I know that there are some wicked fast diesels out there that would have put me in my place - thankfully this wasnt one of them.

CT_TRMN8R

Established Member
Good kill!... my friend has a twin turbo 12 valve that runs mid 11's on street tires. and spins all 4 through 3rd gear

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice kill. The thing with those big diesel trucks, you just never know what you might be up against. A few years back when I had my Mach (she was making 485 to rears) I had some dude in a F-350 Crew cab Diesel pull along side of me at a red light in OC, Maryland. He was revving his engine and staging his truck like he was at the track. My first impression was he's gonna get raped. When that light turned green my second impression was I'm gonna get raped. Man, I had to jam through three gears before I started to pull away from him, I damn near lost.

Last edited:

BAD351W

Established Member
Good kill! Often times ive seen diesels put up a good fight against cars that would normally dust a truck.

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
Very true. It definently crossed my mind that I might get smoked with my fiance (her not knowing what kind of power those trucks are capable of) riding with me! Turned out good this time around.

Cammer281

SVT Poster
Established Member
I raced an L with my truck and he only got me out of the hole by one truck due to my lag and then could not pull me anymore. You must have a freak of a truck. BTW, i've got 35s on my truck and 20 inch wheels. Only performance mod is a tuner. Thats it. No aftermarket exhaust, even a paper filter. Good kill though. If he was coal rollin, he should have been a lot faster than mine.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I remeber my first race with a diesel. I was in my 95 gt. Bolt ons basically. Pulled up beside him at a light. On the mural on the tailgate it had a cowboy on a horse with a lasso. It had a banner that said 8 second ride.

Light changed and he literally drug me from 0 to 75mph on Jefferson avenue and then got out of it. Got to the next light and this older guy rolls his window down (I was about 23 at the time) smiles and asks how did I like the picture. He put it there to give those losing something to look at. Worst day of my life but I have come to respect the dirty diesel

BAD351W

Established Member
Diesel's are never to be taken lightly. Cause sure, theres a lot of them out there and its not like all of them are full blow built. But there will be that one time when you pick a fight with one nasty truck.

1QIK-SNK

Established Member
So me and my fiance are headed down to the OBX cruising along 168, minding our business in my Lightning (mods in sig). I'd say an 05-06 Dodge Cummins is passing me and as he does, he juices it spewing some smoke. My fiance asked if something was wrong with his truck and I explained how it was his way of showing off or to try and provoke a race. To my complete amazement she says 'Well go beat his ass if he thinks hes so cool!' That is why I'm engaged to this woman!

The truck has a diesel performance sticker from VA Beach (not tdp) stacks cut off at his tool box and A-pillar guages. Thats all I know about it.

Race one - I'm stuck behind him at a light. As soon as we clear a car in other lane I floor it. His truck is smoking like an old locomotive. I start pullin on him and the next light turns red. PERFECT! No real result from this race other than I was pullin up on him GOOD in my trucks worst RPM range. I wasnt able to really get on it off the line so it shifted into second. When I punched it, it was going JUST fast enough not to let the trans kick down. Light ahead turns red and sets up round two.

Race two - As we pull up to the second light, we both INSTANTLY punch it as it turns green (like a 5 mph roll). It was over before it started ha! I looked in my mirror and had a good 4-5 trucks by mid second gear. I can only imagine what traffic behind us thought - that truck was smoking an INSANE amount. He pulled off at the next light so the story ends there.

I know that there are some wicked fast diesels out there that would have put me in my place - thankfully this wasnt one of them.

there are a few diesels trucks out here(obx) that think there truck is the fastest. good kill

Chances50

Established Member
They'll always beat you to a gas station!

Not by much.lol My dads 05 Dodge 4x4 auto averages 26mpg. not bad at all for a heavy truck.

a few years ago I had a Foxbody and a Chevy Diesel rolledup on me, he Had the banks package (not sure what all that is) he said it had a bigger turbo,we raced it was a very good run, the second time I sprayed on him. told him he wasnt the only one with a power adder then he called me a cheater.lol

My first Mustang was a 95 gt, I ran across a Dodge one night, he taught me a lesson on Diesels, the 95 was my 1st 5 speed car and id only had it for aout 2 weeks so I couldnt drive it to save my life, but he still woulda murdered me no matter what.

mysterio

Established Member
Hey Woody, was it a copper/orange colored Dodge truck? If so, I see a guy with one of those around town, constantly belching out black smoke. He's always revving at someone.

Good kill.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Last time I raced a diesel in my s-trim 98 I got stomped at the track. This cummings was running a 12.3 then and the same truck now runs an 11.3 so yeah they can be fast.

And OP I miss va beach I was there for 3 years at Oceana :)

Users who are viewing this thread