This IceyRes thing has me curious..

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
Steve,
I don't see why you can't duplicate on track running on the dyno. 1 lap at most tracks is around 1:30 to 2 minutes. I could give you appoximate rpms. Now that is a datalogging session i would like to see. How do you have your hooked up, wot turned of or just a switch?

There are very few shops with a loading dyno.. which would be needed to even come close to an accurate test.

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
How about 505hp c6zo6's, 600hp viper's.

I don't see many. Most of, if not all of the guys that show up with one of those to a track event or TT around here aren't prepared to drive those machines as they should be driven, and are usually slow.

I'm not sure you can really duplicate the conditions even with a loading dyno. The stuff I'm interested in is late in the session when the temps are at their highest, air flow is variable (as in stuck behind a car for a lap or two, then open air after the pass)

Most of the times my car has limped has been during times when I was stuck in traffic waiting for point bys, or going nose to tail with an equal.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
I don't see many. Most of, if not all of the guys that show up with one of those to a track event or TT around here aren't prepared to drive those machines as they should be driven, and are usually slow.

I'm not sure you can really duplicate the conditions even with a loading dyno. The stuff I'm interested in is late in the session when the temps are at their highest, air flow is variable (as in stuck behind a car for a lap or two, then open air after the pass)

Most of the times my car has limped has been during times when I was stuck in traffic waiting for point bys, or going nose to tail with an equal.

You are absolutely right.

racebronco2

Established Member

Usually there are 5 to 15 vettes at most events with a few fast drivers, only a couple of vipers sometimes but when the viper club comes out there are as many as 15 of them. Only about 5 of them are fast.

My thought was if it was on a loaded dyno and the system didn't cool the iat's enough between similated braking zones it probably wouldn't work on track. Now if the results were positive then it should be put on an open track car for further testing.

racebronco2

Established Member
I remember a place in upland that you can get your car dyno'd and you can actually make a similated run down the 1/4 mile. Would be a good place to have a dyno day at.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Steve,
I don't see why you can't duplicate on track running on the dyno. 1 lap at most tracks is around 1:30 to 2 minutes. I could give you appoximate rpms. Now that is a datalogging session i would like to see. How do you have your hooked up, wot turned of or just a switch?

i have mine hooked up just like stock, it turns off at WOT. we were just discussing today about adding an optional bypass function where you can cut out the a/c to the cab completely and use ALL the freon to the ICey Res. should get WAAAAy colder.

the box should be able to mount to the passenger side just as easily.

so...see you saturday morning carlos...:dancenana:

racebronco2

Established Member
How did you know i was going to the dyno day at yimi. So are you going to install it there? :banana:

My next track day isn't til november 23 at cal speedway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread