This new movie, SISU, looks pretty good, in a John Wick sort of way!!

LS WUT

Established Member
I’m down to watch it. Not to derail this. Had anyone watched “The Convent” by Guy Ritchie? It looks amazing. I’m gonna rent it tonight.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I’m down to watch it. Not to derail this. Had anyone watched “The Convent” by Guy Ritchie? It looks amazing. I’m gonna rent it tonight.

Lol! miss-Googled thought you lost your damn mind. 2000 movie same title. The Gentleman is close to #1 on my list, Snatch, Rock n Rolla, Lock Stock, even his take on Sherlock wasn't bad. Gyllenhaal usually comes through. Him in Nightcrawler is down right creepy. Have to check it out.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Was going to rent, but $20 to rent now? Used to be $20 to buy $5-10 to rent. Want to see it but I can wait a few weeks till shit streams for "free". $20 buys a theater ticket. Damn SISU as well. Makes me miss Covid straight to stream.

Guess I'm not a SVTP baller but $20 is close to a night's worth of e85. Don't know why but this one gets me.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Sounds like a take on the Finnish soldier Simo Hayha (The White Death) who supposedly single-handedly killed 300 Russian soldiers in the forest around his farm during the Winter War. Simo did it mainly as a sniper and was never seen or found until they carpet bombed him and nearly killed him, putting him in a coma and disfigured, but only to wake up the day the war ended. Guy was a god amongst men basically.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Damn, sadly thanks to Hollywood the white death is a character in Bullet Train to me. Fun movie all around, but now reading that. Ooof seems close to sacrilegious to name a character in a comedy with that.

Always in autoracing, apparently at war, never under estimate a Finn.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I watched another Trailer last night. SISU is definitely on my list! As is the new John Wick movie.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Sounds like a take on the Finnish soldier Simo Hayha (The White Death) who supposedly single-handedly killed 300 Russian soldiers in the forest around his farm during the Winter War. Simo did it mainly as a sniper and was never seen or found until they carpet bombed him and nearly killed him, putting him in a coma and disfigured, but only to wake up the day the war ended. Guy was a god amongst men basically.

Considering the ongoing UKR/RU war I'm surprised they didn't base this movie around the winter war and make it about him shooting Russians left and right.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Was going to rent, but $20 to rent now? Used to be $20 to buy $5-10 to rent. Want to see it but I can wait a few weeks till shit streams for "free". $20 buys a theater ticket. Damn SISU as well. Makes me miss Covid straight to stream.

Guess I'm not a SVTP baller but $20 is close to a night's worth of e85. Don't know why but this one gets me.
The 4K version is a must for a film like this. There 4K UltraHD disk is $42.99 at Amazon. I'll wait until it cools down a bit to $5.00-$10.00 to rent (on Prime) or until it goes to Netflix. I doubt I'd watch it more than once.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

agreed, I was looking the other night and this, the new mario movie and John Wick were all $20 rentals, **** that.

MFE

Established Member
I'm gonna have to catch that one. I wanted to go to one of the few theatres showing it this weekend, but the ****ing cinemas all road-blocked "LIttle Mermaid". Literally the only thing they were showing. Tards.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Rather the movie had been about a Spanish Nationalist killing Marxists. Nazi and Russian Mafia boogyman get old after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread