This sucks!!!!!

GT915

Established Member
I recently got a lethal o/r x and an sct xcal. I contacted Shaun at AED and he had me data log the car and send him the files. After reviewing the files, he said they look like I was using bad fuel. Before the first log, I had bought 93 octane from a convenience store selling Shell gas. I then went to a Chevron station and filled the tank with 93 octane. I data logged it again and this time he said that this was just as bad or worse. I am thankful I went with AED instead of someone else who would just sell me a tune without looking at my data logs first. Had I done that, I may well have been the next #8 failure. I'd like to know if anyone else has had this trouble. I'm gonna be pissed if I can't get a tune because I can't find anything but shitty fuel. Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks

Baysixx

Established Member
Dont get a tune. Car is fast enough. Unless your racing, who cares.

That sure helps him a lot. And fast is just relative to what you compare it to. Maybe your fast is his slow. OP most shell and chevron stations should have quality gas depending where you are

Deespeed99

Established Member
Noticed you're in FL which I believe E85 is readily available. Maybe snag some injectors and tune for that? Might easier and less headache then searching for good 93.

Chaney5.0

Noticed you're in FL which I believe E85 is readily available. Maybe snag some injectors and tune for that? Might easier and less headache then searching for good 93.

Good E85 is actually harder to find. As the process to keep it correct is a lot harder. You have to use special tanks and keep those tanks at correct temps otherwise condensation will set in on the tank and it will rust REAL fast. There was a station over here on my side of Houston that opened and with in a week was closed because the owner went the cheap route and used the same tanks you would for regular gas. Which is not the correct setup. He ended up ruining like 6 cars in the process and had to pay for repairs on all of them. I had a buddy who ran an e85 evo that had to drop the tank to get all the bad E85 out, and it was CLOOUUDDDDY.

Here is a picture of the E85 straight out of the pump.
735077_555949547767849_315768666_n_zps37f32234.jpg

Here is the Fuel Sock after 3 days of regular driving to get the car tuned.
65272_555947744434696_1865472781_n_zps7900b973.jpg

Just my .2 cents. Take a clear mason Jar with you to a couple stations. Fill it up with 93 and see which one looks best!

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
^Damn, didn't know that! That sucks. I guess it's a better option to stock up on Torco or some race gas and just through a splash in each time you're going to run the car hard.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I recently got a lethal o/r x and an sct xcal. I contacted Shaun at AED and he had me data log the car and send him the files. After reviewing the files, he said they look like I was using bad fuel. Before the first log, I had bought 93 octane from a convenience store selling Shell gas. I then went to a Chevron station and filled the tank with 93 octane. I data logged it again and this time he said that this was just as bad or worse. I am thankful I went with AED instead of someone else who would just sell me a tune without looking at my data logs first. Had I done that, I may well have been the next #8 failure. I'd like to know if anyone else has had this trouble. I'm gonna be pissed if I can't get a tune because I can't find anything but shitty fuel. Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks

try some 91 octane. the 93 octane may have been sitting in the pumps for alog time with the winter blend

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Good E85 is actually harder to find. As the process to keep it correct is a lot harder. You have to use special tanks and keep those tanks at correct temps otherwise condensation will set in on the tank and it will rust REAL fast. There was a station over here on my side of Houston that opened and with in a week was closed because the owner went the cheap route and used the same tanks you would for regular gas. Which is not the correct setup. He ended up ruining like 6 cars in the process and had to pay for repairs on all of them. I had a buddy who ran an e85 evo that had to drop the tank to get all the bad E85 out, and it was CLOOUUDDDDY.

Here is a picture of the E85 straight out of the pump.
735077_555949547767849_315768666_n_zps37f32234.jpg

Here is the Fuel Sock after 3 days of regular driving to get the car tuned.
65272_555947744434696_1865472781_n_zps7900b973.jpg

Just my .2 cents. Take a clear mason Jar with you to a couple stations. Fill it up with 93 and see which one looks best!

damn you guys have some bad E85 there. in CA we have E85 an seems to be great we get true E85 all year long.

Alien STI

Established Member
funny you posted this today. Your not the only one. I was told the same thing from Shaun. And another guy in my area was also told the same thing recently as well from shaun once again. I Think its time a sticky thread is started, about this. This is bull.

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
I have shit gas right now too, was seeing 4.5* of timing pulled at WOT with chevron 94oct, added octane boost drove around a bit and did a wot log, no timing pulled anymore... I'm just going to keep a couple bottles with me untill the winter crap meant for sleds is gone

Slammintone

Established Member
Thanks

Does not Shaun have a 91oct tune that would run on even low grade 93oct fuel or are his performance tunes 93oct only?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
funny you posted this today. Your not the only one. I was told the same thing from Shaun. And another guy in my area was also told the same thing recently as well from shaun once again. I Think its time a sticky thread is started, about this. This is bull.

What ia bull? The bad gas or that shaun is helping them by tellong them they have bad gas.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

MODCOBRA

Established Member
You need to find out where other performance cars are getting their gas. Stick with a gas station that as a lot of traffic and turns their tanks over regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread