This summer heat is awful.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
50199D10-3568-4D39-B28F-4F9AE818C53A.jpeg

Saleen498

Established Member
Our AC bill last month was more than double the previous month. I don't remember temps being this high in the 17 years I have been here. I remember lots of straight 100-101 degree days but this is miserable. I went to bed last night at 9 PM and it was still 98 degrees outside.

Looking forward to retirement in 6 years and moving north.

View attachment 1801054
Come to NH. You can still have a few weeks in the 90s, followed by 48 weeks of snow

Blown 89

Established Member
The media is eating this up. Anything to push an agenda:

Listen to this doom and gloom. The city isn't a ghost town, the farmers market was packed Saturday morning, the four tennis courts next to it were full in the morning as well as the evening. If this article were to be believed the world is about to end
Hardly anyone walks the streets and wide avenues of Phoenix these days. The few sidewalks in the capital of Arizona– wide and clear – have become decorative. The fifth-most populous city in the United States is a desert… literally and figuratively.

Living in such an environment is almost impossible. It requires strict routines and lots and lots of water. When you reach Phoenix, within just a few minutes, your lips start to crack. Your mouth dries up, then your skin. Even your phone will start to complain – it’s too hot even to charge. Headaches are common – the body screams as it tries to recover from the brutal impact of the heat wave. And it’s so dry that you barely sweat… a condition that conceals dehydration.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Heat is the same.

It's the subliminal (and direct) messaging making you think it's hotter. It's not.

Maybe it depends on what part of the country you're in but I have to disagree. Winter's here have almost been non existent in the last 5 or 6 years compared to what they used to be like. Last winter was the first time in my life I didn't have to use a snow blower and barely used a shovel. I used to be able to pond skate from December to March in the winter time and now ponds freeze for maybe 2 weeks of the season now.
Spring hasn't changed much other than it comes earlier.
Summers are scorching but not too much out of the ordinary.
Fall has been warmer also but nothing too extreme.
The winters here have seen the most dramatic change.

I can only speak to this region of the country but I'm not going to disagree with the idiots on the left just to disagree with them. My issue with them is the cause and the fact that they think they can control the climate if we cave to their demands.

Users who are viewing this thread